Txell Miras | S/S 07 Barcelona

cerfas

Reaction score
I love Txell Miras. She has to be one of my favorite designers. Want to know why? Because there are always a few looks in her shows that I really don't get/like - they are just...strange. It's not that they are in poor taste or anything - like I said - they're just strange - I feel like I don't understand a message or idea she's trying to convey. But to me it shows that she is taking risks, which I admire so much! So many designers today seem heavily burdened by the need to be sell-able, likeable. There isn't much room for a voice that is different from the rest.

Here are some photos from the SS 07 show.
00014.jpg

00017.jpg

00005.jpg

oh yeah and the fact that she is a female designer I also admire. There aren't too many out there who are truly gutsy and original.

00020.jpg

00021.jpg

00024.jpg

:lol:

Ironically enough, I was just thinking of posting this show!

Simply put, Txell is brilliant. She's in my Top Three, and she continues to consistently put out unique and strangely wearable architectural, avant garde clothing. LOVE HER! :D:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

But oh yeah, that being said, this isn't my favorite collection of hers. I prefer the F/W '06 show (such showmanship!), but I still admire this, even though it's not exactly my cup of tea.

Entitled Desencorsetant (Uncorseting), Txell Miras deconstructs the corset in this latest collection, which was staged to metaphysical effect. The Catalan designer depicts the corset as an extreme, a barrier which encases or channels, using versions that go further than ever before.
The abstract, conceptual Txell Miras style takes the shape of garments undergoing a process of transformation. Corsets are untied and opened, necklines are deep or high, shoulder pads move backwards, liberating the shoulders. Openings appear in unexpected places. Jackets are quartered into bulky boleros. Skirts in retro-futurist shapes, created with metal structures, reach right down to the floor.

All outfits are accompanied by leggings and sneakers are at their most transgressive, in black patent leather with heels removed and always untied. Cotton is the favoured fabric in a collection where white, black and neutral shades monopolise the colour palette to the exclusion of any other hue.
www.fasionfromspain.com

Top fashion designers create toxic-free collection to persuade EU to ban dangerous chemicals

7761.jpg

A model wears clothes designed by Txell Miras, one of 16 designers lobbying to phase out toxic chemicals in the fashion industry
19-06-2006
16 fashion designers link up with Greenpeace to lobby EU for comprehensive ban on chemicals that harm human health

Madrid - Sixteen top fashion designers, including Carmen March, Antonio Pernas and Jocomomola [1], showed that they believe in substance as well as style at a glittering catwalk show in Madrid, today, when they unveiled one-off creations designed to avoid the use of toxic chemicals which are currently widely used in clothing. Fashion giants Mango and Camper also joined the initiative by committing to phase out dangerous chemicals from their lines.

At 'Moda sin T￳óxicos', a catwalk show organised by Greenpeace, the designers joined in the lobby to phase out chemicals which can harm the immune and nervous system, affect genital development, cause reproductive disorders and cancer [2] - and called for their replacement with safer alternatives.

Meanwhile, high-street fashion giant Mango announced a long-term commitment to remove hazardous chemicals from its entire production world-wide, following talks with Greenpeace. Mallorcan family firm-turned-global brand Camper, too, is going to stop using dangerous substances in its shoes, while Inditex (owner of Zara, Massimo Dutti and other stores), supported designers in the search for toxic-free fabrics.

Helen Perivier, Greenpeace International toxics campaigner, said: "These fashion leaders work in a highly competitive industry, and are keen to put environmental and health concerns at the heart of their priorities. Innovative small businesses like theirs must currently go to extraordinary lengths to find materials that do not contain harmful chemicals; what they should be getting are guarantees that chemicals on the market are safe."

It was a well-dressed wake-up call to grey-suited types in Brussels, who later this year will vote on new rules to govern the chemical industry. This autumn, the EU will decide on the fate of the new chemicals regulation called REACH [3]. At the heart of the debate is whether the new law will give a clear signal to industry to substitute hazardous chemicals with safer alternatives or not. Currently, thousands of chemicals are used in consumer products with little or no health or safety assessments, leading to widespread contamination. An unborn baby may now be exposed to 100 man-made chemicals before it is even born.

Chemical producers have mobilised a strong opposition to REACH in Brussels, losing no opportunity to undermine its power to protect human health and the environment. In contrast, many other companies which use chemicals in their products see advantages in a REACH that could guarantee safer materials.

Commenting on the catwalk show, Mario Rodríguez, Greenpeace Spain campaigns director, said: "The beautiful clothes that we have seen today prove that it is possible to avoid toxic chemicals in clothing and still be stylish. We urge the EU to ensure that this unique event will one day be the norm; so that we can be sure that all our clothes have been made without using chemicals that can harm our health and our environment."
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/

Just as dark and mysterious as her last collections.
Great volume and shape on the dresses, skirts as well.

Corsets deconstructed and worn as jackets ? Just brilliant!

I applaud her for her courage and for experimenting, but unfortunately, she doesn't get the "wrong" right, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->