UK Elle March 2024 : Naomi Campbell by Quil Lemons

I just wish she'd retire, I'm so sick of seeing her constantly. Especially since she never gives you anything new, as proven once again in this editorial.

Yikes. What a stain on her impressive portfolio. And this is supposed to celebrate 40 years of her career? What a pity. That styling is what hurts me most. Even the most boring of photographs can usually be saved by great styling, but this is atrocious.

On one hand it's fabulous to see Naomi Campbell on the cover of a mainstream British fashion title like Elle but the outcome does indeed leave a lot to be desired. For a March issue, it just feels like a total non-event and the styling is so... banal and basic. There's zero energy or excitement.

literally, giving us nothing. I’m also bored af of Naomi.

Not much love for this March issue of UK Elle... looking through it, it's a shame that the cover story is such a non-event, because more thought seems to go into most sections than I ever feel from the pages of UK Vogue.

I don't talk about this edition much, because it feels like a magazine that's ten years too young for me - but it's probably worth more of a look than it gets.

The fashion photography at UK Elle has deteriorated since the recent editor took over the title. I never see fashion editorials that I like anymore. They are all so amateur and banal.

I get the feeling the content is supposed to be more relatable than aspirational, it's about trying to make trends work for the reader. I don't connect with it at all, but it's good that UK Elle still remains as a voice alongside Bazaar and Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->