UK Elle May 2023 : Jodie Turner-Smith by Petros

It’s not working for me with the necklace.

Gorgeous cover with lovely shots from her editorial as well. It's their best cover this year so far.

Edward must be quaking. Elle doing Vogue better than Vogue.

Stunning cover. Green is not a popular choice in the magazine world, but this works. Jodie always reminded me of those 60s Vogue models.
I haven't read this magazine in months so I'm not sure how this new editor is faring. But the cover choices are interesting and very topical.

I don't know who she is, but somehow I like it... I do agree that the necklace is a bit distracting and would be better off without it, but it's still a pretty cover. Green is my favorite color!

While I'm also entirely unfamiliar with Jodie's work, I always find myself mesmerised by her presence on red carpet events! She's extremely beautiful and this cover does that beauty justice, she looks wonderful and I love what she's wearing. Finally a great cover from British Elle again!

I like it! But the choker is putting me off

I'm interested to see the editorial but her expression on the cover is a mess IMO. Still quite eye-catching overall, the colors are unusual.

It’s quirky and I like it. The yellow and the green match each other well. I wish her expression was more alive though.

I'm assuming she's wearing Gucci? Say what you will about Michele, but from an editorial perspective his kitschy collections actually forced editors to think out of the box and build stories around the clothes. They couldn't just show it exactly as it appeared on the runway because some readers might not be into that sort of thing. Especially niche magazines like Harper's. Editors were allowed some degree of freedom to shoot the looks with their own vision. Isn't that what fashion magazines are about?

I found it quite off-putting how some designers even involve themselves in cover shoots (Nicolas for Lupita's UK Vogue/Meisel cover). That showed one of the main reasons why creativity and excitement in magazines are at an all-time low. If they're not bullied by celebrities, they're bullied by the brands.

SOOOOOOOOO gorgeous wow !!! She looks stunning, on the red carpet she always kills it but here she's SUPERB !!!
I love the photo and styling. The necklace isn't distracting to me, it's the black top underneath, I wish it was mint green.
Can't wait to see the editorial :smile:

The lighting on her face is not very flattering but she always delivers and this is just as powerful.

Her expression is making me look as high as she does.
The choker is too much, but the color is fab on her.
Not bad, but Jodie has done way better. She's stunning.

THE BRIGHTNESS OF BEING JODIE TURNER-SMITH
Photography:
Petros
Styling: Georgia Medley
Hair: Marcia Lee
Make-up: Bernicia Boateng
Model/Celebrity: Jodie Turner-Smith

UK Elle Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members