UK Elle October 2023 by Danny Kasirye, Petros & Ekua King

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 of 5 with Florence Pugh by Danny Kasirye:

Cover #2 of 5 with Ncuti Gatwa by Petros:

Florence's cover story looks like a rip-off of Rafael Pavarotti and Lila Moss' W editorial.

Cover #3 of 5 with Gemma Chan by Petros:

Cover #4 of 5 with Tems by Ekua King:

Cover #5 of 5 with Suki Waterhouse by Danny Kasirye:

NOPE lol not a single good over and are they kidding with that expression on Suki's cover ??? A YAWN ???
And then people in the industry have the nerve to ask ''why aren't people buying magazines anymore???''.

The color grading and the oversaturation make my eyes burn. Some photographers have such a heavy hand on their retouching. Besides that, these cover feel very amateur compared to Elle France with Gisele and Elle US with Zendaya.

5 covers and not a single really good one.

Ncuti Gatwa’s smile is beautiful however and pleasing to the eye but it’s not what I want to see on a fashion magazine cover.

Wow, are The Elle Style Awards back? Remember when they were *the* thing, back in ELLE UK’s heyday? Memories.

It's always the same group of people for these multi covers. Boring.

My favourite cover out of the five is Florench Pugh's, I kinda like the boldness of it and the overall composition. Gemma Chan's cover is also rather nice but doesn't blow me away. Suki Waterhouse's is the absolute worst! She looks half-asleep and caught mid-pose. Not even sure how such a cover made it to print...

Good luck to anyone wanting to buy this issue here in the UK, who wants a specific cover. The issue, again, comes wrapped in a thick paper (due to a free gift) and there's no way of seeing which cover is inside, unless you stand somewhere quiet in the store and secretly tear open the packet to take a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->