UK Elle November 2022 : Lupita Nyong’o, Letitia Wright & Danai Gurira by Shaniqwa Jarvis

A serve!

It brings back the tone/mood of ELLE UK in 2016 that I love.

The colours and the subjects look beautiful but I feel like there's some missing energy.

Great to see them all three on the cover together. But I hate the styling.

AN UNBREAKABLE BOND (Preview)
Photography: Shaniqwa Jarvis
Styling: Shibon Kennedy
Hair: Vernon François & Nikki Wright
Make-up: Nick Barose, Tasha Reiko Brown & Tym Buacharern
Models/Celebrities: Lupita Nyong’o, Letitia Wright & Danai Gurira

elle.com/uk/

I don't like the group cover. Despite all the colors, it feels somehow flat and dull. However the solos are quite nice, especially Letitia's.

My eyes went straight to Letitia while looking at the cover. I for a moment thought she was a model sandwich'ed between two actresses.

The clothes on the group cover arent the nicest. Is that the problem?

For me, it's more the pose - it looks like they're shuffling together in preparation for someone taking a photo of them, rather than being poised and ready for the final shot.

The group cover is halfway there...something is off...i prefer, not dying, but prefer the solo covers...

Appreciate the effort, like the ladies wearing pieces from Olivier Rousteing's Jean Paul Gaultier collection but it's just all oh so... pedestrian looking and I blame the photography on this occasion. Not a fan, to be completely honest.

I prefer the individual covers more.

I don't like how similar their cover layout is with US Elle.

Such a typical UK Elle cover and it does the job. And I'm actually fine with the styling except for the pants on Letitia. It's giving fashion as opposed to glamour on that Essence cover.

The composition is just off though. Too much Lupita who I don't particularly care for, Letitia should be the main focus here.

Nice to see former editor-in-chief Anne-Marie Curtis back styling for the magazine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick1488
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->