UK Elle November 2012 : Jessie J by Rankin

catherine88

Reaction score
Here is the cover.
Photo by Rankin

anjz3m.jpg

Kate Middleton told her she loved her work. Stella McCartney is a friend that she met at ‘the palace’. This summer alone she sang for the Jubilee and asserted her meteoric rise by carrying the whole Olympic Closing Ceremony .

But the starry life and helter-skelter existence of Jessie J haven’t deprived the singing supernova of the capacity to be excited. Which she was, at our photo shoot with Rankin, describing it rather sweetly as her ‘best shoot ever’.

You can see why in the November issue of ELLE. Isn’t she beautiful? An alabaster vision of perfect facial symmetry and endless legs, she’s been styled up by Senior Fashion Editor Natalie Wansborough-Jones in show-stopping evening gowns and lashings of gold brocade.

From Dolce & Gabbana to Elie Saab via Jean Paul Gaultier and a vision of a Giles gown, she elegantly exemplifies why the garish old style has been left behind and a more graceful Jessie has taken her place.

Kate Mulloy interviews the Pricetag singer and discovers that she loves the odd lychee martini, that she plans to give Adele a sterilizer as a baby gift, and what she got up to after she sang to a billion people at the Olympics.

elleuk.com

Last edited by a moderator:
not feeling the make up or the pose/angle it makes her look masculine

Yes, UK and US editions definitely swapped cover designs.
& Jessie looks sooo p*ssed!

First of all, the White background is not for them at all! They`re good with those gray, bluish and creamy ones. Second, this is too much photoshop! Jessie J is a beauty of her own and no way does she look like this. They managed to make her look like a hybrid of Pink and Cher. The arms are too constrained for me too, it gives of the awkward feeling! The text too are so huge

My main issue is with the styling. I think we're all so tired of seeing those Dolce & Gabbana looks... Hello, it's november :rolleyes: Anyway, nothing's working in here, and that's such a shame because I like that girl. Long hair doesn't really suit her, in my opinion.

I don't like the pose, but I really love her face! I think she looks fantastic with this do!

My main issue is with the styling. I think we're all so tired of seeing those Dolce & Gabbana looks... Hello, it's november :rolleyes: Anyway, nothing's working in here, and that's such a shame because I like that girl. Long hair doesn't really suit her, in my opinion.

Didnt they did Dolce & Gabbana for September too :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine didnt arrive today.

Mine neither. But not that I'm in a rush for this, because I couldn't have huffed more when I clicked the thread. She looks so hard in the face, not inviting or flattering for a cover shot. The whole cover is just a failure.

Didnt they did Dolce & Gabbana for September too :rolleyes:

Welcome to the world of magazine advertising :flower:

I feel this is an 'okay' cover - the angle is indeed a bit weird, and I don't like the whole layout thing being so similar to US ELLE, but Jessie looks very grown up and stylish here, rather than her usual garish self, which is a pleasant change.

Since Lorraine came back to Elle it really has drifted down hill. It's starting to look like it did before the relaunch.

^ Agreed. She does pretty good content, but the covers just haven't been the same since Jennifer left for Harper's...

Are they doing more traditional magazine covers to boost sales?

To me it's like they're trying to have their newsstand covers go back to how they were previously, pre-relaunch, where effectively it was a marginally better version of a Cosmopolitan cover. Maybe they are trying to take some readers from Cosmo, who knows. Either way it's a great shame. There was a time when British Elle was a really great fashion magazine. Now it's rather bland and slipping into a series lack of imagination. At least in that respect it's sitting with British Vogue.

Not their best cover, there's really nothing I like about this. Just to harsh all the way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->