UK Elle November 2006 : Katie Price by Rankin

misssakura said:
I don't mind Katie too much..yes she's trashy by profession but I don't mind her personality too much. And I actually quite like the cover...relatively.
i agree

yeah im in two minds about this one. She is kind of repulsive because of how she has made all that money out of very little talent and because of her trashy appearance but on the other hand i admire the way she plays with the british media to her advantage. Also her personality seems quite funny. But it is definitely an odd choice for the cover. She's not a conventional cover model which in some ways is really refreshing but on the other hand I can't help but think that they had run out of new people to put on the cover. Then again I'd rather it be Jordan than Jennifer Aniston...again.

Well, I personally like the cover - it looks nice and fresh looking and quite frankly I don't give a damn about the rest of Katie's life, all I care about is the cover looking good. And I know now I will be bombared with negative comments, but I think some people need to get beyond their predjudices about her :flower:

chanelnumber5 said:
Well, I personally like the cover - it looks nice and fresh looking and quite frankly I don't give a damn about the rest of Katie's life, all I care about is the cover looking good. And I know now I will be bombared with negative comments, but I think some people need to get beyond their predjudices about her :flower:
i agree people do need to get over there predjudices:flower:

Aside from the cover, as I said, there's nothing much else inside - certainly no editorial showing a fashion side of her, a new look, or anything of the sort. And the article provides no more depth than any of the other features about her life that appear on a weekly basis. So her use to Elle, content-wise, has been minimal for this issue. One clean cover, where she doesn't look like herself - and that's it.

So it's not the celebrity involved - it's the sheer lack of content for the reader that would get my criticism. I have no intention of losing my prejudices when it comes to being short-changed by any magazine when it gives me lacklustre content, no matter whose face (or front) is on the front.

ewww, jordan! i really can't believe this....i'll never buy this mag again. its gone too trashy...

i dont know who she is really although i have seen her pics on wireimage before. i could never figure out why she was famous... glamour model is a pretty ironic or oxymoronic term, don't you think?

i bought this mag today (despite jordan:yuk:)

anyone want me to scan anything?:flower:

- "the new coats" - Lily Aldridge (IMG)
- "volume control" - Aleksandra Nilsen (Viva)
- "highlander" - Dalia (Models1)
- "denim:the trends" - Jenna (Storm), Lois (Models1), Yulia (Premier)
there's also a hair thing called "rock star hair" but not sure who they are:ermm:

:flower:

Could you please scan the the new coats ed, thanks:flower:

Can u scan the Volume Control edit? Thanks:smile:

1karina1 said:
Could someone please scan pictures of the Chanel ad with Anna Mouglalis sitting on the floor in jeans with a Chanel bag between her thighs?:flower:
Could you scan this ad please iJustWalk?:flower:

i can only do some of it tonight.. can some of you wait till tomorrow?:blush:

some of these won't be great quality, it's too thick to scan well! but after i've scanned everything, if you want any particular page done better, ask me and i'll try.:flower:
julesrules815 said:
thanks! could you please scan the denim ed?
here you go...

denim: the trends
Cut optional, glamour essential
photographs by Ezra Patchett. fashion by Lucie Mccullin.
Models: Jenna, Lois, Yulia

Last edited by a moderator:
helligirl said:
Could you please scan the the new coats ed, thanks:flower:
yep:P

the new coats
From checks to metallics, and puffas to parkas, designers give the coat an urban edge this winter
Photographs by Todd Barry
Fashion by Sasa Thomann
Model: Lily Aldridge @IMG

4 more pages still to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"