UK Elle October 2005 Cover

model_mom

Reaction score
from fashist-online forum

UK Elle October 2005 Cover - Keira Knightley
[size=-2]Posted on September 2, 2005 at 06:27:05 AM by wednesday
[/size]
normal0013er.jpg

hm, not really a fan a keira, but she looks really nice on this cover!

i think they may have gone a little overboard with th retouching...she looks almost too smooth...too perfect...BUT i do like the pose and the way the dress looks in the photo :smile:

That does not look like Keira at all. She looks more mature with her face expression and her dress. If ELLE changes the typical white cover background into something more colourful, I'd give this a two thumbs up. But now, just one.

I like it. Love the splash of yellow.

OriginalSin said:
i think they may have gone a little overboard with th retouching...she looks almost too smooth...too perfect...BUT i do like the pose and the way the dress looks in the photo :smile:

Hmm... While I definitely agree with you, I think it works that she looks almost too perfect... it gives the photograph something extra, almost resembling a painting, and with the bright colours and her dress too... it works! :woot: Love it.
I also agree with fouroclock however... I wish they'd change that white background. This image especially could have been amazing with a different colour backdrop... I could totally see a navy blue in the background to go with the yellow dress, and replace the text colour with white instead.

beautiful though theres too much retouching and weird facial expression. sorta reminds me of the french actress in the chanel ads and monica belucci

review also from fashist-online

UK Elle Oct 05 [review - and the rest]
[size=-2]Posted on September 1, 2005 at 09:09:12 AM by Cathy
[/size]
Notable Articles:

<LI>1 pg look at Frida Giannini’s new leather accessory range for Gucci.
<LI>1 pg ‘my model life’ with little Ruslana K, with is only 5’8” and used to have knee-length hair before she had it trimmed to her waist. Her ambition? ‘To discover the world’.
<LI>1 pg look at designer Margaret Howel’s 25 years in business.
<LI>4 pg article about Dolce e Gabbana’s 20 year anniversary, which opens with a double-page spread of lots of little images of… double page spreads from UK Elle editorials featuring their clothes, then a few tiny catwalk shots, and celebs wearing their stuff.
<LI>4 pg ‘closet confidential’ with Jimmy Choo chief, Tamara Mellon, and then NY boutique owner, Sarah Easley.
<LI>5 pg interview with Britney Spears, shot by Gilles Bensimon, where she looks like a heavily pregnant, happy housewife – it’s that haircut!
<LI>4 pg search for ‘the perfect winter coat’.
<LI>4 pg interview ‘When Beck met Giovanni’ and that’s Giovanni Ribisi, whose twin sister, marina, married Beck.
<LI>6 pg interview with Jessica Simpson, with images by Gilles Bensimon, so they must be recycled from her recent US Elle cover interview.
<LI>1 pg interview with singer Miss Dynamite.
<LI>2 pg interview with Maggie Gyllenhaal.
<LI>6 pg feature where Kelly Brook shows us ‘her LA’.

Editorials:
Deanna Miller’s back in THE FOLK STORY, which is a 12 pg take on this season’s liking for patterned knitwear and ponchos. Studio shot and simple, although Deanna looks a bit moody.

THE DROPOUTS is a typical UK Elle boho editorial, where male & female models wear carelessly mismatched clothing against a countryside background. This time, we get 10 pgs of Lizzy Jagger and Louis Archer.

Nadine S is in a WAIST LAND – though I seem to remember she has a magnificent bosom, but it isn’t on show in this demure knitwear editorial. 14 pgs of bleached blonde Nadine looking like a lady.

An 8 pg interview with Keira Knightley, with more images by Norman Jean Roy (4 full page shots).

Valentine Cordier enjoys an English autumn in TAKE COVER, a 10 pg editorial with high street fashion for the season ahead.

Beauty:
<LI>The Beauty section opens with a 1pg backstage shot of Cameron smirking.
<LI>5 pg feature on how to get good hair, illustrated by a few head shots of Kirsty Hume and some small backstage images.

Overall:
This is a happy, packed issue with more in it than I have time to list. I enjoyed this issue – though I was disappointed at the fairly non-existent beauty section, normally well-produced in UK Elle. Aside from that, there’s a good mix of lifestyle, celebrity and UK high street fashion in this issue. Not an essential purchase, but quite a solid issue.

Replies:

I love the dress but I don't like Keira's mouth. It looks like she's been sucking on a lemon.

It's a nice spash of colors and the text on the cover appears rather creatively displayed.

This is a movie star modeling rather than just being herself (always so boring) - I like it rather :flower:

i'm usually not a fan of keira's either....
but she does look lovely....not nearly as 'harsh' as she normally looks....

i think the longer hair suits her more....

she looks quite feminine and delicate.....

:flower:

^ I completely agree:flower:. I actually don't like short hair on her at all.

She looks so old.- i don't like the yellow dress and there is again too much text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->