UK Harper’s Bazaar July/August 2024 : Sienna Miller by Emma Summerton

Comparing combined-month issues of Bazaar, I'd be happier looking at this for two months than Emma Corrin's armpit.

Nothing against armpits, we've all got them, but it's hard to make them glamorous or intellectual or aspirational. Perhaps, at a push, you could be creative with them.

Whereas this has the vibe of being off your head, on the longest day of the year, somewhere sunlit and secluded, where no-one's going to interrupt or intrude on your reverie.

The only thing I don't like about it are the long sleeves and all the sequins for a summer cover. It looks itchy and sweaty and uncomfortable.

I love everything else about it though. The colours are perfect.

To be fair to UK Bazaar, it's June, and in my part of the UK, the highest temperature we can hope for this week is 14-16°C. If I went out wearing the cover look, I'd be very cold.

I want to like it because of this amazing styling but the pose doesn't show off too well the outfit and she's barely recognizable. I'm sure some images will be better in the editorial :smile: Sienna usually knows how to work it.

Emma's so good at evoking a sensual mood. That 1960s-golden afternoon tint gets me every time: It’s so 1992 Madonna by Meisel glorious. Just too bad it’s Sienna Miller LOL I’m ignorant to why she is consistently getting covers… Has she passed into a profitable lifestyle brand on passable talent and looks in the UK— the way that Jennifer Aniston has in the US…???

113.jpg

^ Sienna's been promoting the same cowboy film Kevin Costner directed/starred and just did that orange GQ cover for.

Lone Ranger
Photographer: Boo George
Styling: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Yoshitaka Miyazaki
Make Up: Natsumi Narita
Model: Sara Eirud

Bazaar UK Digital

No print subscription yet, looking through the digital issue... 166 pages. Inside front cover ad is Chanel Métiers d'art. Only one cover is available this month, as shown in the content pages.

In addition to the cover story, there's one main fashion editorial, as @fauxfashion has posted. That said, there's no sportswear, hairy armpits or hands down the front of trousers. There's also a short story/summer fiction section, and the travel section goes to Provence.

The global beauty editorial by David Roemer is absolutely beautiful. However, "Lone Ranger" by Boo George is a bit lackluster.

All feels right in the world whenever I see Sienna Miller on the covers of fashion magazines. No one could ever make me dislike her, so this just instantly wins me over. The cover image itself is beautiful, love the green foliage, the embellished Gucci, the sultry pose and the beauty styling. I love it! :heart:

at least one UK magazine realised summer covers shouldn't be dank depressing indoor productions

Sienna always delivers in photographs (and honestly no one does that style of photography better than Emma Summerton), love the Lone Ranger editorial too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->