UK Harper’s Bazaar May 2021 : Constance Jablonski by Betina du Toit

It’s quite a nice cover. Great colours and lovely to see Constance again on something high profile. And interesting that they went with Constance over a celebrity. Especially when one is interviewed for this issue.

That's a fabulous cover of HB UK! I love how they
used the "color pop" filter without looking cheap.

Love this cover, and love Constance...

Constance never really did it for me because *nostrils*

also, ‘flowers for Spring’, right?...

And interesting that they went with Constance over a celebrity. Especially when one is interviewed for this issue.

It makes you wonder what's wrong with the images of Emily, for UK Bazaar to go with a relatively unknown model over an actress who seems like they'd be a good fit for the magazine, and who's been on their cover before. Maybe they were taken at a more drab time of year and are too dark for the cover.

We might know who Constance is, but I wouldn't lay my bets on people in general recognising her.

Miss Constance is every where and I LOVE IT!

I love the sensuality and warmth that this cover brings. Spring sure has sprung!

What's with Constance's resurgence lately?
This cover looks dated, and not in a good way.

Oh I like this. I love the colors for sure.

Love the breezy spring/summer vibe of this cover! It is very vintage-inspired color scheme in a good way that I would easily take this over the Vogue one. Surely, it's a bit outdated but at the same time it brings up the nostalgia that I have missed in fashion for a long time.

My local library offered a dwindling range of online magazines for free reading – but suddenly they’ve swapped over to a new service that has hundreds of titles going back several years, from Vogue Mexico to Elle Decoration Sweden, Harpers Bazaar from around the world, and all the Vanity Fairs. Where was this a year ago when I wasn’t supposed to be setting foot outside the house? Now I've got thousands of hours of reading in front of me.

Anyhow, this issue has appeared for public reading, it’s 204 pages, and the cover does a good job of conveying the mood throughout the issue – light, airy, romantic. Constance has a short interview, and there’s also Alexa Chung promoting Gucci handbags, and a reprint of the Jane Fonda cover story from US Bazaar, plus a few more fashion editorials. The Emily Mortimer feature has two shots which seem like they were taken months ago in winter. The Alice in Wonderland theme is mainly short written pieces from a selection of people as named on the cover. The images in the Travel section are as beautiful as ever.

I didn’t expect to like this issue, because I’m not one for sunshine and romance with flowers on top, but it has the feel of an issue that’s full of content which matches what you expect of this magazine.

Constance never really did it for me because *nostrils*

also, ‘flowers for Spring’, right?...
Omg I just snorted but have always felt the same...she is a great model though

I'm on board if Lydia Slater starts this technique of putting fashion models on the covers of British Harper's Bazaar every odd month, because it's taking me back to Lucy Yeomans' tenure when we'd encounter the likes of Masha Novoselova with zero questions asked.

The cover isn't the most flattering, dislike Constance's expression intensely, find the flower rather distracting and the shot perhaps could've been zoomed out a little. However, the colours are gorgeous and perfectly suited for a May issue. Plus, we have an actual fashion model on the cover of an actual fashion magazine, so I shouldn't be complaining AT ALL.

UK Harper's Bazaar May 2021

Colour My World

Photographer: Lynette Garland
Stylist: Leith Clark
Hair: George Northwood
Makeup: Florrie White
Cast: Alexa Chung

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

UK Harper's Bazaar May 2021

Rock 'n Soul

Photographer: Agata Popieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington