Beauty Editorial HQ:

For All Tomorrow's Parties
Photographer: Tony Kim
Model: Lindsay Ellingson
Styling: Katy Young
Hair: Fernando Torrent
Make-Up: James Boehmer

Digital Edition Harper's Bazaar UK 12/2012

Some Enchanted Evening looks so good in the thumbnails but is awfully unexciting once you enlarge the thumbnails. I usually love when HB UK does those outdoor stories in the misty woods but this is really cheapened by the model. Josephine is so impossibly bland, this just doesn't work.

I do like the cover story a lot. I usually don't get the hype around Marion because she has the same facial expression in every shot (and on screen in her movies, too) and is so boring, but she looks really good here.

Some Enchanted Evening reminds me of Hunger Games. But I do agree with Psylocke though, when I enlarged it, I immediately disliked it. It was boring and lifeless unlike on the thumbnail where it looked creative and mystical.

Marion Cotillard`s editorial is really beautiful and don`t get me started with how gorgeous the subs cover is. What I don`t get is why did they pick that cover shot for the news stand. It doesn`t do justice for her editorial.

And also, the condensed font seems to be working well in the inside pages of the magazine, I wonder why it doesn`t on the cover. Maybe they made it look even thinner.

Raf looks so handsome in that portrait!

Oh Yelena is back to dark forest!:buzz: She used to be so good on shooting on such a location while she worked for Vogue Nippon (without ADR) circa 2004-2005.

Some Enchanted Evening is beautifully haunting. Impeccable styling and Josephine was perfect for this setting.

Does anyone know if there's 2 versions of the subs cover? I've seen one with the standard red BAZAAR, but another that appears to have a deep red foil masthead...is there anything special about it aside from the foiling?

I don't know about any other subscribers, but I haven't received my issue. Rather irritating having to walk past it each day on the newsstands and my copy still hasn't arrived.

I don't know about any other subscribers, but I haven't received my issue. Rather irritating having to walk past it each day on the newsstands and my copy still hasn't arrived.

Mine has just arrived. My Elle subscription has came also. I was just about to place Marion's cover in the scanner, when Mat Cyruss posted the HQ. Thanks for saving me the job Mat.

The Bazaar logo is red foil on my mine by the way. I presume all subscriber's will be the same.

I'm sort of glad I renewed my subscription now as I was very close to parting ways as I'm making some dramatic cutbacks. Supposedly one of the benefits of subscribing is to receive it before it goes on sale in the shops, that's a lie sometimes... Anyway I have to say on this occasion that the subscriber's cover is much better than the newsstand cover although that one isn't bad either. Yeah the Bazaar logo is red foil on my mine too, it's probably the most festive of the December covers out so far and I can tell instantly that it's Ben Hassett's work. Marion is beautiful no question about it, I could just stare at her face all day long, so captivating even if she is giving off the same facial expressions. I'm sort of left wanting more on the editorial side of things though, there's never quite enough in my opinion and this needs to change for me to keep on subscribing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marion is one of the few celebs that I like to see on the magazine's cover. :smile: I like Josephine's ed because it looks not as photoshopped as many fashion editorials (Lindsay's ed, for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->