UK Harper's Bazaar October 2021

Future Classics

Photography: Turi Lovik Kirknes
Styling: Tilly Wheating, Harriet Elton
Hair: Yoshitaka Miyazaki
Makeup: Victoria Bond
Model: Rachel Meagreen

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

A crying shame we're having to endure this Beyoncé reprint for another month, and I find it even more painful on this occasion because it couldn't be further away from the usual aesthetic of British Harper's Bazaar.

Boo George's editorial is the only fashion story speaking to me here, loving the Erdem shot and the black and white double-page image too. Three main fashion stories photographed on location, however, is more than repetitive for one issue and feels utterly redundant.

For me, the cover story wasn't much good the first time around, so I'm not expecting anything better from this reprint.

I can only imagine the thousands of UK Bazaar readers who will be inspired to rush out and buy Ivy Park as a result.

After seeing so many uninspired studio stories in other magazines, I do find the sight of location editorials refreshing, but if there's an over-reliance on landscape shots, then after a certain point, they'll all start to blend into one.

^^^ Yes, the on-location shoots are lovely.

The Beyonce shoot is just beyond salvageable no matter how they saturate the lighting to desperately attempt a rich feel... Beyonce is no Janet Jackson and Campbell is definitely no Mark Romanek LOL Just cheap cheap cheap through and through. It’s a shame she won’t allow any semblance of talent around her for these fashion projects anymore these days. And you know, if she insists on representation, then at least give Black creatives with actual talent the opportunity. Then again, it’s clear when left to her own devices, she wouldn’t know style and talent if it slapped her in the throat. That Ivy Park crap is so... special.

These cover photos again? Really not her best. Clothes are horrible, too.

"a dark romance" looks like an editorial from Vogue Uk under Alexandra...

That denim jumpsuit or whatever it is really drags the picture down for me.

The text and cover image don't connect here. it woud have been better

To add insult to injury, subscribers don't even receive an alternative cover this month. My copy arrived earlier and it is exactly as shown in post #1 - text and cover price included. At the very least, subscribers should have been saved from this reprint nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarajevoblues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->