UK Vogue August 2021 : Margot Robbie by Lachlan Bailey

They had a solid cover and then they tacked on that dorky close up with all the fake freckles! :ermm:

Kind of pretty, but too banal.

The first is fine & i dislike the second's. Agree with other users than Margot looks like a combination of Julie Christie & Jane Birkin with that hairstyle.

Both covers are quite lovely. The vintage aesthetic really suits her.
This is a huge step up from her last Vogue UK cover with Nicole Kidman.
The only issue that I have with the newsstand cover is their masthead's
placement since her fringe is already hiding some parts of her face.

Gorgeous covers!

My only complaint is I wish the Vogue logo was behind her head on the first cover, but other than that I think these are beautiful. Very summery and warm.

Jesus that first cover is gorgeous. It makes me dream and feel things.

the close-up could've been so good but of course they had to add the stupid fake freckles like she's an insta influencer and then keep her mouth open for a full minute so it went from 'just here looking surprised and Jean Shrimpton-ish while at it' to.. mouth is getting dry.

Why did I just know you’d be scoffing at the mouth-breathing?!?!?!

I had an agent who despised open-mouths. It didn’t matter how gorgeous the models were-- even the guys she would openly swoon over— as soon as she saw the dreaded mouth-breather expression, heads would roll. And to this day, unless it was a head-on Cheshire Cat toothy smile, seeing an open-mouth desperately playing off as smoulder— and no matter how gorgeous the model is, I’d instantly tell them to please close their mouths.

Anyway, thank whichever fashion gods are still around this wretched industry for Lachlan’s gorgeous imagery— the newsstand one unfortunately dragged down unforgivably by a clueless layout, by what I could only conclude as someone’s 13yo nephew/niece interning at Vogue.

Last edited:
Lachlan is putting out great work lately. Loving his palette and light but something is off with the cropping. Margot is just stun.

it’s gorgeous!
but it’s feels SUPER US Vogue.
the editorial images also look really good - I mean Margot is gorgeous and that shared cover with Kidman was a missatake.

so, Adut’s editorial is shared with Vogue US? I honestly don’t mind if that’s what it takes to keep print publications alive.

The main cover looks like a (British) Bazaar cover, not from the current era, but perhaps from the Lucy Yeomans era, only sloppier? Can't say I'm impressed. Margot is a stunner and can move between sexiness and fashion really well; not to mention that Lachlan should be a perfect choice to shoot her, but the outcome is forgettable at best. The subscriber's (?) close-up looks amateur.

I just finished seeing Jacques Deray’s La Piscine today and for some reason, the sun-kissed-bourgeoisie-on-a-vacation premise this cover exudes reminds me of that film. It’s almost as if she replaces Romy Schneider’s role and ready for her scenes with Alain Delon here. Love it!
Fun fact: she was originally cast in the Jane Birkin role in Luca Guadagnino’s remake A Bigger Splash but had to drop out.

Love the first cover but I do agree that her head should be underneath.

Beautiful, and lovely to see something summer-appropriat. This could easily be mistaken for an Alexandra Shulman-era Vogue. She used to do the odd glamorous cover. Only she'd probably have used Kate for this.

Finally it's outdoors. I quite like it. The art direction is cheap.

Reminds me of the goods days of Vogue Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->