UK Vogue January 2024 by Charlotte Wales

Emma’s cover looks off, as if she’s about to sneeze. Love Amber’s cover tho, with the sort of bleak feeling on an afternoon in January.

Amber's is pure banality for grannies. The ed is better
Love Watson's cover

EMMA WATSON ON ECO-CONSCIOUS FASHION, STEPPING BACK FROM ACTING & BECOMING A DOG MUM
Photography: Charlotte Wales
Styling: Poppy Kain
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Model/Celebrity: Emma Watson

vogue.co.uk

"PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT IS AN ACT OF SELF-CARE": SUPERMODEL AMBER VALLETTA ON TURNING 50 – AND TURNING HER APPROACH TO SUSTAINABILITY ON ITS HEAD
Photography: Charlotte Wales
Styling: Poppy Kain
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Model: Amber Valletta

vogue.co.uk

Amber does not look like Amber in this ed

Isnt that her appeal, how she's able to transform into so many different characters. I think we are used to seeing her as a badass that when she's in earth goddess mode she always looks like a different person.

Earth goddess mode for anyone would be slightly more convincing if the images were in tune with the actual calendar of the British landscape. Harvest imagery for January? Haystacks and leaves still on trees?

I know these shoots are done in advance, but selling the idea of being in tune with nature by showing a world that's several months behind... perhaps we'll get our Christmas issue after all, but in February.

^3 Vogue covers that I remember for sure, plus lots of other publications including Vanity Fair by Luigi & Iango.

Earth goddess mode for anyone would be slightly more convincing if the images were in tune with the actual calendar of the British landscape. Harvest imagery for January? Haystacks and leaves still on trees?

I know these shoots are done in advance, but selling the idea of being in tune with nature by showing a world that's several months behind... perhaps we'll get our Christmas issue after all, but in February.
We’ll probably get a Christmas issue around the same time the alleged fashion extravaganza issues Edward threatened us with are published.

My most favourite out of the three covers is Emma Watson's. The portrait itself is undeniably beautiful, love the colouring, the warmth, the lighting, the styling... all oh so lovely. The other two, however, feel like a complete non-event and a massive flop. Not loving the past few covers/issues of British Vogue...

Emma is in Margiela! amazed to see Galliano last show in action!

Review - 184 Pages.

EARTHY PLEASURES
Cover star: Emma Watson
Photographer: Charlotte Wales
Stylist: Poppy Kain
5 Photos

THE WORLD AT HER FEET
Cover star: Amber Valletta
10 Photos

FROM THE GROUND UP

Cover stars: Tolu Coker, Priya Ahluwalia & Torishéju Dumi
3 Photos

THE WATER FRONT

Model: Karolina Spakowski
Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Stylist: Kate Phelan
10 Photos

NIGHT VISION

Model: Shalom Harlow
Photographer: Ned Rodgers
Stylist: Dena Giannini
4 Photos

MOST LIKELY TO

Models: Maty Fall, Abrar Mohamed, Aylah Peterson & Celina Ralph
Photographer: Samuel Bradley
Stylist: Harry Lambert
8 Photos

Lachlan Bailey's ed is great.. but of course Edward choose to print some of the pictures very small on the magazine. But it's the strongest editorial in this issue.

At first glance, I thought the "Most Likely To" ed was shot by McLellan but without good picture composition. Most of the pics looked very messy and crowded....

And no comment about the 2 months old Shalom's ed reprint from Vogue China....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->