UK Vogue September 2024 : Kylie Jenner by Luis Alberto Rodriguez

She looks so much better in the “trying British foods” video than in the final photos. Like, *so* much better. I really think this cover photo might be the worst professional photograph ever taken of her.

Again I will say this till I’m Blue in the face yall disliked Edwards vogue so much this is what you get!! lol Edward at least had a vision and the gravitas to bring his own touch to Vogue!! I’ll take any of Edward’s covers over Chioma’s.

Chioma is lacking in experience and vision to bring to the table here and it’s showing!! Sad to see!!

I don’t care much for Kylie but that’s neither here nor there!! She’s not really relevant at this moment in time to warrant a September cover… I’m pretty sure there are plenty of other Cover Stars they could’ve chosen!!

It’s just been bad cover after bad cover for British Vogue there is no let up!!

I kind of resent the idea that because some of us were justifiably critical of Edward’s Vogue we’re deserving of the mediocrity Chioma is churning out.

There was a lot to admire about Edward’s tenure, but outside of the dazzling covers and their corresponding features, the general content just wasn’t that great - particularly towards the end of his editorship. It was frustrating given Edward’s illustrious career and his continued proclamations about wanting BV to be the fashion magazine. Covers aside, to me most of his issues felt on par with some of Shulman’s weakest efforts.

Despite that, from what I understand Edward’s Vogue was commercially quite successful. I’m looking at my shelves filled with 15 years of back issues and there’s not really a noticeable difference in the average thickness from 2008 to 2023 - so advertising seemed to have remained fairly healthy. I don’t think our criticism of his work at the magazine inhibited its success, nor did it influence his leaving. He’s not there anymore because of Anna over-extending her reach and Conde Nast thinking they can get away with doing things on the cheap.

You can only get away with riding on your former glory for so long. I know that I for one won’t be renewing my subscription after this year’s runs out.

Last edited:
he cover had potential if her face was more relaxed but I dont mind the colours and composition. The photo of her in brown is also nice and so is the one with the kids but those harsh blck and whites would only work for a model. They should have gone all out with the fashion and drama, she does actually know how to model.

While not out on newsstands until next Tuesday, some people must have received their subscription copies already, as shots of the actual print issue are in ebay listings.

There was a lot to admire about Edward’s tenure, but outside of the dazzling covers and their corresponding features, the general content just wasn’t that great - particularly towards the end of his editorship. It was frustrating given Edward’s illustrious career and his continued proclamations about wanting BV to be the fashion magazine. Covers aside, to me most of his issues felt on par with some of Shulman’s weakest efforts.

Despite that, from what I understand Edward’s Vogue was commercially quite successful. I’m looking at my shelves filled with 15 years of back issues and there’s not really a noticeable difference in the average thickness from 2008 to 2023 - so advertising seemed to have remained fairly healthy. I don’t think our criticism of his work at the magazine inhibited its success, nor did it influence his leaving. He’s not there anymore because of Anna over-extending her reach and Conde Nast thinking they can get away with doing things on the cheap.
That's something I noticed about Edward's Vogue, too - the physical magazine just felt hard to read even if you wanted to, like he made changes to the layouts to make it different from Shulman but the magazine suffered.

Aside from Robin Muir's reflections on Vogue's archives, I don't think there was anything in there worth reading. It was usually the same word salad that makes up 90% of corporate website content. Make sure the article contains the core words "women" and "empowerment" and the job is done.

I appreciated Edward for being from an era where fashion - and magazines - felt so vital and alive, and I wonder how his Vogue would have evolved had the money been made available.

But the circumstances of covid seemed to squeeze Conde Nast so much, that whatever vision he might have had for UK Vogue was curtailed, the magazine becoming little more than a vehicle for self-promotion. He served his time, he moved on.

The only way forward for Vogue is to remember that it's a fashion magazine, and to focus on offering that content to the best of its abilities. Sure, Vogue doesn't exist in a cultural vacuum - but two-page articles that are optimised for the attention span of the internet are not expanding anyone's consciousness. Not really. Also, we all know you can't offend your advertisers, so there'll be no grand expose of working conditions, just mealy-mouthed articles that recycle the word "sustainable" alongside lovely pictures of woolly jumpers. Thanks for insulting everyone's intelligence.

If the people working at Vogue are passionate about issues, consider entering into politics at either the local or major levels. Don't waste your time in the media, go straight to the core, do good.

If the people working at Vogue are passionate about fashion, then don't be ashamed to put that first. That's the purpose of the magazine, but its true identity has been forgotten, buried by everything else.

Got my print subscription copy this morning, 296 pages. Going straight to the main editorial section, there's the cover story, the the Nigel Shafran story/reprint with Angelina Kendall and Guy Remmers, "The Life Fantastic" shot by Julia Noni with Devyn Garcia, the Nicolas Ghesquière reprint with the Meisel story, then the last fashion edit is the "Looking Ahead" reprint, shot by Sean Thomas with Ugbad, Abbey Champion and more.

I can't find one image to like - there's a massive printing error (ink spill) down the pages of the Meisel shoot in my issue, and I could not care less.

Have to take something out of the oven, will return in a moment -

Starting from the start, Ralph Lauren is the inside cover fold-out, followed by the usual names, Gucci, Prada, Vuitton, Chanel etc. Fendi is a gatefold section some way into the issue. Lots of ads in this issue, it has that September feel.

Of particular interest might be the 8pg Meisel/Miley Cyrus campaign.

There's an ebay editorial at the front, shot by Charlie Gates with model Yilan Hua.

Between tne ads and the articles, the front of the issue is far more interesting than the main editorials, although there's a section devoted to revisiting the "Forces for Change" issue from five years ago.

Back page is "What would Pat McGrath do?"

The issue is out on newsstands, saw it today. Price drop to £4.99 from last month’s £5.99. Not overly thick really as TR mentioned; but it’s keeping with Harper’s, which has price dropped to £2.50 for September, just to add context.

Starting from the start, Ralph Lauren is the inside cover fold-out, followed by the usual names, Gucci, Prada, Vuitton, Chanel etc. Fendi is a gatefold section some way into the issue. Lots of ads in this issue, it has that September feel.

Of particular interest might be the 8pg Meisel/Miley Cyrus campaign.

There's an ebay editorial at the front, shot by Charlie Gates with model Yilan Hua.

Between tne ads and the articles, the front of the issue is far more interesting than the main editorials, although there's a section devoted to revisiting the "Forces for Change" issue from five years ago.

Back page is "What would Pat McGrath do?"
"The Life Fantastic" fashion editorial by Julia Noni is exciting. Is the COS fall 2024 ad campaign inside? If so, who appears in the image/images if you know?

296 pages for their so-called THE BIG FASHION ISSUE? Oh, god.

Is the COS fall 2024 ad campaign inside? If so, who appears in the image/images if you know?

Only two pages (it's pages 118 and 119 in my print copy) with Mariacarla in the left shot and Rianne on the right. Checking the Cos campaign thread, both images seem new, but not strikingly different to what has been already seen.

Only two pages (it's pages 118 and 119 in my print copy) with Mariacarla in the left shot and Rianne on the right. Checking the Cos campaign thread, both images seem new, but not strikingly different to what has been already seen.
There was only one COS spring 2024 ad campaign image published in UK Vogue last spring. I particularly liked that ad campaign, especially the color shots. However, one black and white image is better than nothing.

There was only one COS spring 2024 ad campaign image published in UK Vogue last spring. I particularly liked that ad campaign, especially the color shots. However, one black and white image is better than nothing.

Here's a quick snap to show what the shots are -

Here's a quick snap to show what the shots are -
Thank you so much. Great shots! It will be a while before this issue arrives in my corner of the woods but I will get it.

"The billionaire victim" should be the tag line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->