Allure August 2016 : Kylie Jenner by Scott Trindle

Is it me or the girls have been wearing that kind of makeup long before Kylie was even born? isn´t that makeup associated with Chola style? Gwen Stefani applying makeup in 2005 Luxurious video comes to mind... Kylie was 10?
In any case, I can give her that she made it popular amongst white girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for "changing beauty".. she has, all the girls on instagram are wannabe Kylie. What a sad time to be alive :ninja:

Ditto. As for the cover, it's not a bad cover but I seriously can't fathom how plastic Kylie looks. It's such a twisted perception of beauty in my mind.

This is funny because she doesn't even look white anymore, if I didn't know who she was I'd think she were Latina or Persian or part Indian.

She's so plastic that she changed her ethnicity and all.

This is funny because she doesn't even look white anymore, if I didn't know who she was I'd think she were Latina or Persian or part Indian.

She's so plastic that she changed her ethnicity and all.

Um, she definitely doesn't look like she's no longer Caucasian. Not everyone who's white is super pale with blonde hair and blue eyes. If you compared her cover photo to a 100% Persian, Latin, or Indian woman, there would be a huge difference.

That said, Kim, Kourtney, Khloe (maybe), and Rob are half Armenian, so their heritage is half Middle-Eastern. Kylie has never looked dramatically different from them.

She's a better model than her sister, who's actually a model. How ironic.

Is it me or the girls have been wearing that kind of makeup long before Kylie was even born? isn´t that makeup associated with Chola style? Gwen Stefani applying makeup in 2005 Luxurious video comes to mind... Kylie was 10?

Black Americans & Latinxs have been doing it since the 90s...

I like the edit though. Kylie herself is problematic in a lot of ways but is potentially a more interesting subject than most starlets.

Um, she definitely doesn't look like she's no longer Caucasian. Not everyone who's white is super pale with blonde hair and blue eyes. If you compared her cover photo to a 100% Persian, Latin, or Indian woman, there would be a huge difference.

That said, Kim, Kourtney, Khloe (maybe), and Rob are half Armenian, so their heritage is half Middle-Eastern. Kylie has never looked dramatically different from them.

I'm not saying that she has to be blonde and pale to look white, and I'm aware that she will look wildly different to women with 100% of the ethnicities that I mentioned, but she now looks as mixed as her siblings. There's always been a resemblance between them (I mean they're half siblings), but she looks very different to how she looked say 4 years ago.

I know she's a teenager and looks develop and change, but I don't think that your lips become fatter and your skin becomes that much darker (more tanned?) with age unless you've been hitting the salon and the clinics regularly. She very much like her half-sisters now, more so than Kendall has ever been and I don't think their (her's and Kendall's) lifestyles are quite different. It's the artifice of fillers and tanning beds.

For me, she's a better fit for this magazine than a lot of the people they've had on the cover recently. People are always talking about her looks, and she has a beauty line. Allure covers developments in aesthetic plastic surgery as much as it features lipsticks, so I don't see any dissonance in the decision to use her.

What the hell does that mean? Are we members of ethnic groups by simple "association" now?

It's a joke.
We all know she is not a Kardashian, but I think in our minds she is considered to be a Kardashian - by association.

I agree with those who've said that she has changed the face of beauty. At least, she has strongly influenced it. Kylie and her sisters have a distinctive look/style when it comes to make-up/clothing/cosmetic enhancements that's instantly recognizable as "Kardashian(/Jenner)" and has been imitated by any person who has an instagram account and fancies themselves as a model.

Something going "mainstream" will always mean reaching white youth who have the money to spend on the product (whether they actually do is another story) and Kylie + co. are leaders in that respect nowadays. It doesn't even matter (to many) where the trend originated, only the person who makes it mainstream will get credit for it. Sadly, this is usually intentional.

Unfortunately, this is the only demographic that matters to the powers that be in the beauty business.

Everyone else is an afterthought because they know that ultimately whether something is marketed towards them, non-white people have to buy their make-up and hair products from the limited options available. That or pay an arm and a leg for something better.

"Crazy Love"
Photo: Camilla Akrans
Fashion stylist: Natasha Royt
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Makeup: Wendy Rowe
Model: Julia Jamin

Allure digital edition

"On the fringe"
Photo: Josh Olins
Fashion stylist: Elin Svahn
Hair: Guido
Makeup: Sally Branka
Models: Katie Moore, Peyton Knight, Marjan Jonkman, Dylan Xue

Allure digital edition

I like this new direction they´re taking... a nice mix of commercial and indie imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->