Urban Fashion Special

People who really appreciate fashion are able to look beyond some of the basic exclusives and think about fashion in terms of good and bad for peoples' styles.

I think a big problem with fashion nowadays is that people deem it good or bad. I think people need to continuously look beyond that. Just because a "hip-hop" style is more you doesn't man you condemn a indie style of dressing or a rock style of dressing and vice versa. I don't match wearing hip-hop influenced clothes but I can still appreciate it for what it is. It's creative and has been around for awhile. It's influenced many high end designers and what not. I think I may have gone off on a tangent. I just wanted to share my own point of view on accepting other style of dress because I saw how intolerant some people are. Like in the chonga style thread. A lot of people were just laughing at it and calling it ridiculous instead of accepting it for what it was and discussing it intelligently.

I see what you mean about the Chonga thread deal. I saw all the different comments posted regarding that style of fashion. Maybe because I'm black, I'm used to such negative comments about people of my kind. Much like how people say hip-hop is usually seen as terrible music and that the hip-hop artists behind it are hardened thugs. I'm usually used to these things because of who I am.

This still remains some nice style. I'm not huge on this fashion style, but I do like some pieces of fashion within this style.

I agree. I'm not big on the style either -- but I do like certain aspects of it. I think if you look good enough you will always be able to find something good in any type of style.

^ Well said! Everything you said..Yeah I hate when people make fun of certain styles..You don't have to necessarly like it, to appreciate & accept it.
Personaly before I use to love that kind of style..I never wear stuff like that & grew out of it but I still like it when i see it on others...& I'm open to all kinds of styles.

Hm actually I just watched Baby Phat's S/s 2005 fashion show..Ghetto fab :smile:

^^ haha. me too. i used to be into that style. i grew out of it also. baby phat runway shows are pretty fabulous. :innocent: haha.

just came across this thread and it got me wondering what happened to Urban fashion most of those brands are a shadow of their former self others dont even exist while others just do generic hiphop fashion.Must be the effect of celebrity labels

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->