US Elle August 2014 : Kristen Wiig by Carter Smith

jal718

Reaction score
My scan of the subscribers cover although the last two issues did not have a 2nd cover

Attachments

• Elle 814.jpg
    Elle 814.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 76
Lovely unexpected choice, wish they made it better though. What does the newsstands cover look like?

^ Isn't it in the magazine? In the pages where they have tiny images of both covers, and credits for it?

Love that it's Kristen, but what a shame they didn't do anything all that interesting.

Angelina Jolie and Anna Kendrick had just one cover for both newsstand and sub's

Love seeing Kristen Wiig on the cover of magazines, she's a riot. Once again, Elle has gone overboard with the amount of text, I find it terribly distracting. Wish they would learn that less is more.

Snooze. She would look amazing in a Fall Prada look. This looks like a Lucky cover

I agree with the general sentiment that it´s great that she´s on the cover but it´s a terrible one...
She was on the march issue styled sooo much better in Balenciaga. I´m sure that any outtake from that would have made a much better cover.

Ok am I the only one that's gonna mention the entire red blocked quotes on the cover?!?!?!

^It's terrible isn't it? I couldn't bare to mention it in my first post, it was too awful. Honestly only saw the first half of the text at first and was seriously worried that Elle thought it was okay to only give half of a quote. :huh: A long quote like this (with different text layout) would have worked if they had nothing else but the masthead and picture on the cover. Could have been very cool in that way.

The cover shot looks like one of the weeks when French Elle does casual style. I don't mind it - and perhaps the basic styling lets her face/personality come through more - but at the same time, you do look to a fashion magazine for different ideas to the ones you've already considered every day for yourself.

elle_01_august.jpg

elle_00_august_lgn.jpg
elle_04_august.jpg
elle_02_august.jpg

elle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olddonut616
Back