RuthEB

Reaction score
1447080933-daisy-ridley-elle-cover.png

gallery-1447081336-daisy-ridley-elle-inside.png

1447081567-daisy-ridley-inside-elle2.png

Source: Elle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Rey :D
I like the shot lenght (the proper term in english eludes me atm), the styling and layout not so much... but I´m happy for her, she seems really nice :smile:

Roberta sure has her finger on the pulse when it comes to Elle's cover choices. The result may not always be good, but it's always someone relevant, trending. One can never predict an Elle cover star because they don't have pets like Vogue and Harpers. I like that. But Daisy doesnt look all that good here mainly due to the styling. I'm perplexed by that thing around her neck. And what's that red leather streetwalker look all about. I will say this though, she's got a stunning body, just look at those calves.....

^I think the problem with the styling is that they went the costume route, the cover look seems like something Padme would have worn... the tshirt is quite obvious... she plays a scavenger so you have her carrying a C3PO sort of doll :lol:

I absolutely love the cover! It's fresh and new and I'm glad Daisy is getting the cover treatment and I'm glad she chose Elle. Because Elle has not been that great this year terms of cover choices and images, but nice to leave the best for December!

The red leather outfit that could have saved, but the orange dress with the t-shirt is cute!

Vanity Fair and now Elle. Go, DR! I expect her to show up on more cover come next year.

^ she's one of the main characters in the new Star Wars movie that comes out in December.
It's right there on the cover in the biggest letters LOL

You know, some women (and men) look so so so, so much more beautiful just tanned, no makeup (or more natural makeup) than all dolled up and made up. She’s one of them.

She looks absolutely striking and radiant as Rey in those SW trailers: tomboyish, sweaty, athletic and running around with her hair pulled back messily. Either ELLE has no idea what to do with a natural beauty like her—so they go the prom-route and she looks like she’s in drag, or their team really is that sh!tty and can’t work on anyone but models. I get it’s a little from column A, and a little from column B with them.

Terrible, amateur-level cover and shoot (her mousey-hair is laughably horrible here.)

Everything looks so cheap. She's such a bautiful girl and shines in every single one of the Star Wars trailers but here she looks awfully plain. The forced styling doesn't help.

I bet the stylist thought he/she was SOOO clever putting her in that Star Wars t-shirt with that massive Giambattista Valli skirt

"You see what I did there, it's like totally high-and-low fashion!!!"

Can't believe these people get so much money to do this ridiculously cheap, mediocre work. Hope that we'll see Daisy in other magazines that will do her justice.

I thought Flare Canada has folded?

The hairline & hair... no
The eye makeup... no
That shot... no
That layout... no

Who still adds a shadow over their masthead? Wasn't that a thing we abandoned since 2005?

^^^ LOL

Flare Canada continues to drudge along aimlessly, and so pointlessly as long as there are dentists' offices to subscribe to their garbage. If there is ever a more uncreative, unstylish and desperately trying to keep up with SM publication with the worst fashions, designs, and writing, it’s Flare. A couple years ago, they atempted at revamping to be more relevant. Their genuis Creative Director decided to tap into the SM-types for relevance, thus making the publication even more pointless, even more disposable and even more dated in the process.

Even at their worst— this case for example, US ELLE still remains heads-and-shoulders above Flare.

If only Fabien’s Interview team had Daisy for their Dec issue...

When she looks better on set in all her promo photos than her in a so-called fashion magazine, there is something wrong at your magazine. You have her and Star Wars to play with yet, you guys ruin her beauty with cheap make-up and her do and the concept is very amateur. I mean, high-school fashion lovers would come up with something more original.

Quite surprised how much I like this, actually! Daisy's stare is very intense here, commands attention and I just love everything she's giving us on the cover. It feels dramatic, full of drama and intensity and I love those colours.

The cover story, however, is horrific. America's Next Top Model has done better fashion photos! This one feels extremely cheap, amateur and literal (not that I'm expectant of groundbreaking material from US Elle).

Where is Gilles Bensimon when the world needs him most...

I was so happy when I saw this thread title. I don't like US Elle generally, but they've had some good covers recently and I liked that Daisy was getting a major cover all by herself. I figured they'd do something decent enough with her.

Boy was I wrong to get my hopes up. Hair and eye makeup is a total disaster. The editorial photos are uninspired and unflattering. She's a beautiful woman! This is seriously the best a group of people who do this for a living could come up with? Truly baffling. I can see with celebrities who are photographed all the time, it can be a challenge to think of a new way to style them or a new concept behind their editorial that wont seem stale. But to my knowledge, Daisy's never had a major magazine cover before (outside of character, at least) so for this shoot, the world was their oyster. Wasted opportunity to do something memorable with a new face and someone who will almost undoubtedly become a major star these next few years.

I'm not fond of the styling at all, but I completely welcome the sight of someone so new on the cover of a fashion magazine.

You know, some women (and men) look so so so, so much more beautiful just tanned, no makeup (or more natural makeup) than all dolled up and made up. She’s one of them.

She looks absolutely striking and radiant as Rey in those SW trailers: tomboyish, sweaty, athletic and running around with her hair pulled back messily. Either ELLE has no idea what to do with a natural beauty like her—so they go the prom-route and she looks like she’s in drag, or their team really is that sh!tty and can’t work on anyone but models. I get it’s a little from column A, and a little from column B with them.

I agree 100%...this type of styling does not fit her beauty well. But I am happy to see a fresh new face on the cover and not the same old crew.

You gotta love ELLE US for always getting around the US VOGUE Cover star embargo....in the most....obscure ways possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->