US Elle December 2015 : Daisy Ridley by Mark Seliger

Everything looks so cheap. She's such a bautiful girl and shines in every single one of the Star Wars trailers but here she looks awfully plain. The forced styling doesn't help.

Seriously. That cover makes her look like she just turned up for a Latin ballroom competition. And I can't stop staring at the oddly powdery eyebrows :huh:

Interesting choice of cover star, but I'm not 100% sold. The cover and shoot are pretty formulaic--they could've gone this route with any number of up-and-coming brunette actresses (in fact, at first glance I thought she was Gal Gadot). I quite like the third shot, though I will admit it is extremely staged and trying too hard to be Fashion with a capital F. :rolleyes:

"Lift Off"
photographer: Mark Seliger
stylist: Simon Robins
hair: Teddy Charles
make-up: Frank B
talent: Daisy Ridley
Elle

"Snow Patrol"
photographer: Cedric Buchet
stylist: Sabina Schreder
hair: Kevin Ryan
make-up: Frank B
models: Senait Gidey, Saara Sihvonen, Sofia Resing
Elle

Last edited by a moderator:
"High Voltage"
photographer: David Bellemere
stylist: Simon Robins
hair: Ward
make-up: Maki Ryoki
model: Jiaye Wu
Elle

Really awful mess with the Daisy shoot. I take it this guy wants to be like a LaChapelle-type with the kooky props…? The last shot of her is by far the best; she looks absolutely and effortlessly beautiful, but not a likley candidate for a cover since there’s no visible clothing. Shame, since the angle, cropping colors and texture really shows off what a beauty she is.

The other edits are fine; very messy, catalogue styling, but fine enough for what ELLE’s readership is.

Thanks for the posts Fashion Mayhem.

Disastrous! The styling is abominable... as is the photography... everything.

The other edits are fine; very messy, catalogue styling, but fine enough for what ELLE’s readership is.

Lol, kind of funny when I read between the lines of this comment, but you're right. Also, it seems construction men are all the rage for Resort. This is just about the fourth feature I've seen set against a construction site.

I'm so glad Daisy's on the cover, but they did her a terrible injustice with that photoshoot.

The styling is horrible in all the edits. Women on the street dress nothing like that no matter what age. I just can't get over how out of touch the styling is that I'm almost forgetting about the shoots themselves. American Elle seems incapable of producing a memorable editorial. I wonder what their editorial meetings are like where they all decide to just rehash the same crap over and over. Oh! Let's copy Bensimon and Feurur again but not bother to ask them to shoot the story. No David Bellemere is cheaper!

^^^ Here in Canada, this kind of throw-everything-on-‘cause-the-more-clothing-the-model’s-wearing-the-more-brands-we’re-hustling wins an award as Best Stylist of the year LOL

another boring new face... She really does not impress me, nor the atrocious layout and styling of this

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->