US Elle March 2022 : Zoë Kravitz by Zoey Grossman

Chris Colls story is sublime! Takes me back to those beautiful editorials from Porter Magazine (which they were still running this magazine btw).

SKIN IS IN
Photography:
Meinke Klein
Styling: Aurelia Donaldson
Hair: Chris Sweeney
Make-up: Pamela Cochrane
Models: Ari Ish Wol & Louise Lefebure

US Elle Digital Edition

PARALLEL LIVES
Photography:
Alvaro Beamud Cortés
Styling: Aline De Beauclaire
Hair: Lorenzo Barcella
Make-up: Luciano Chiarello
Model: Arizona Muse

US Elle Digital Edition

"Skin Is In" is a shortened reprint from Feb UK Elle - I remember it because I was quite taken with Ariish Wol when I first saw it - so it wouldn't surprise me if other editorials have been reprinted from other editions.

But at least US Elle feels like a proper magazine for once, instead of yet another flimsy issue with an interesting cover shot followed by not much content.

So everyone commenting likes or loves the cover, it's starring a beautiful and very famous actress about to potentially have her true A-list breakthrough, it's a March issue, but it can't even make it to a full page of reactions and discussions on tfs. Nina needs to find a way to get people more excited and interested in this magazine.

I think you're also forgetting that most people express their opinions on social media now, not on forums.
I used to come on here multiple times a day; now it's more like twice a month.

So everyone commenting likes or loves the cover, it's starring a beautiful and very famous actress about to potentially have her true A-list breakthrough, it's a March issue, but it can't even make it to a full page of reactions and discussions on tfs. Nina needs to find a way to get people more excited and interested in this magazine.

TFS as we knew it is dead. Most people migrated to other social media platforms after being banned or limited to discussion topics. You won´t find a thread with lots of pages, that shouldn´t be your parameter to whether a magazine interest people or not.

I think you're also forgetting that most people express their opinions on social media now, not on forums.
I used to come on here multiple times a day; now it's more like twice a month.

TFS as we knew it is dead. Most people migrated to other social media platforms after being banned or limited to discussion topics. You won´t find a thread with lots of pages, that shouldn´t be your parameter to whether a magazine interest people or not.

While I realize TFS isn't a 100% accurate representation of the larger fashion magazine consuming public, it's not completely removed from it either. The runway shows, magazines, models, and fashion world happenings getting traction in these forums are often the same ones getting traction elsewhere. There aren't as many members now as there were over a decade ago when I first joined, but the threads still get, in some cases, tens of thousands of views and exceed a hundred comments. UK and US versions of Vogue has more the double the comments and views that this thread has. Thinking of other social media outlets, this cover is sitting at under 20k "likes" and only 50-something comments on the official Elle US Instagram page. Vogue's March cover, meanwhile, has hundreds of thousands of "likes" and thousands of comments. The disparity is clear, no matter where you look online. I don't know the official newsstand sales numbers, but I do know the last time I was at a magazine stand, there were probably 10-15 copies of the February edition of Elle still left on the stands, and only a couple left of the March Vogue, which had only been out for a day or two. Anecdotal, but still. I suspect that as less people casually purchase physical magazines, the online discourse will not only be essential for driving digital traffic and ad sales, but will also help set the standard for which magazines are seen by the general public as worth the physical purchase. It's a danger to be routinely left out of the online conversation.

Anna's editorial is already worth it alone getting this issue. Giving most editions of Vogue a run for their money this month in my humble opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->