US Elle November 2019 : The 'Women in Hollywood' Issue by Zoey Grossman & Jason Bell

Too many covers but with this lineup and I understand it! Nicole and Gwineth are the winners for sure. I like all of them though!

In love with Nicole's cover. Will it be the news stand cover? Cause it's the only one with taglines.

Scarlett and Zendaya!
I like Nicole but she deserved better than the Dior and boring simple clothes...

I’m happy for Shiona but her styling and the credits attached to her story are so cliché!
Come on girl!

Choices, Nina. Choices.

Is every issue just a woman in hollywood issue now?
Pretty much... every issue of every magazine. It's tiresome really.
I do love Zendaya's cover. They could have ditched the rest of them.
But multi-covers are the equivalent of everyone receiving a participation trophy for playing.

Is every issue just a woman in hollywood issue now?
The lack of self awareness is monumental.

What does the publishing world think fashion magazines have been producing for the last 20+ years??? Almost every issue of every magazine has put an actress on every cover. “Women of Hollywood” issue...talk about redundant.

I can’t even imagine reading these interviews and the inevitable whining it will entail. Looking forward to hearing their sob stories of gender oppression from their ivory towers.

What I like about Nicole's cover is that it reminds me of Nadia Auermann's US Elle cover back in March 1995... good times. Although you'll notice there's a line down the front of the image and that's because it was one of those issues where the cover had a flap which opened up to reveal an ad. Wasn't a fan of that sort of thing (39lolas.blogspot.com).

01.jpg

I remember those flappy thing back in the days lol

Clearly Nina's Elle is recreating an old formula that worked.. BACK THEN

Way too many covers, but atleast most of not all of them get a pass from me, but the ones which catch my eye here are Zendaya's, Nicole's, Natalie's and Scarlet's. I'm not even going to bother commenting on the whole women in hollywood headline, its US publication, and it can't do without identity politics and the fact that its every single issue. Zoey did good with what she had.

My favourite out the bunch is Scarlett Johannson, purely for how simplistic, effortless and beautiful the shot and art direction is (also love the whole early 00s vibes from the beauty styling). I'm also fond of the covers with Gwnyeth and Zendaya! A good selection of covers, if you ask me.

Got this in the mail today. 191 pages.

In addition to posted content:

"Young Hollywood"
P: Sebastian Kim
S: Alison Edmond
Ben Platt, Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton, Rahne Jones, Julia Schlaepfer, Ana de Armas, Alexa Demie, Kristine Froseth, Anthony Ramos

Second issue this year where there's no main fashion/model content! Nina is becoming worse than Glenda. Glenda's fashion may be on autopilot, but at least there's content.

Young Hollywood

Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Set Design: Colin Donahue
Stylist: Alison Edmond
Hair: Kylee Heath, Renato Campora, Giannandrea, Bobby Eliot, Aviva Perea
Makeup: Jo Baker, Melanie Inglessis, Raoul
Cast: Ben Platt, Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton, Rahne Jones, Julia Schlaepfer, Ana de Armas, Alexa Demie, Kristine Froseth, Anthony Ramos

US Elle Digital Edition

You know you’re getting old when you don’t know a single person in a Young Hollywood editorial.

Precisely what I thought - I only recognized three, and I consider myself quite the pop culture junkie! For a second I was like, "Maybe Elle just featured a cheesy selection of young stars" but they all seem to star in interesting and critically acclaimed projects so I guess I have some catching up to do. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->