US Harper’s Bazaar April 2021 : Jane Fonda by Mario Sorrenti

It’s interesting. But it doesn’t work.

It feels rather bare for something so edgy...I kind of feel she needed to be zoomed in a bit more if they were opting for a white backdrop

Again with a completely unexpected cover subject... but the cover is, as usual, quite awful. The hair? No, ma'am.

I feel like Glenda's text-crowded layout could've worked here because there's too much empty background for my liking.

I like it it's different from what we have seen from her. But different hair can really elevated the cover. The cover looks like HB in the 90s.

Ugh, the sad part is that without the 'edgy' hair and minimal makeup this could have been stunning. Spectacular, really. Despite the fact that it looks like one of their September Icons covers I like the simplicity of the styling. Looks very Tom Ford.

Also, 'The Vindication of Jane Fonda' lol....the 'Hanoi Jane' brigade will probably be reaching for the smelling salts when they see this. And they must be retirement age by now.

I like it. It's simple, it's elegant, and it's an unconventional cover subject.
They did a great job on putting Miss Jane Fonda on their re-invention issue.
I think she deserves it.

She is beautiful...looks much better than Samira’s recent HB covers...but for me nothing beats Janes’cover and ed for W by Meisel...

interesting seeing Sorrenti shooting for Elle and HB for the same month...

I genuinely thought this was some random European edition of Harper's Bazaar when I was scrolling through Instagram earlier. The American edition of Bazaar now has zero identity or personality.

Another dud of a Harper's Bazaar cover under Samira Nasr, if you ask me. You have Jane Fonda, the dream team that is Mario Sorrenti and George Cortina yet the hairstylist ruined the whole entire outcome. The hair is atrocious!

I don't mind the hair - I think they were aiming for a Klute reference. There's something off with the face, though.

So much for being the new American magazine to be reckoned with. LOL.

Everything here just screams amateur. The hair, the composition, the art direction... the vision. Don't even get me started with the cheap font you can download from DaFont.

Never thought I'd say this but I miss Glenda. Regardless how tacky and repetitive her covers were, at least that had life. Samira is just not doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidirmy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->