US Harper’s Bazaar April 2021 : Jane Fonda by Mario Sorrenti

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Mar 25, 2021.

1. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

True, but US Vogue has set the bar so low nodaways, that even my local shopping mall’s promotional leaflet has better and more content.

liberty33r1b likes this.
  2. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

I cancelled my subscription, it‘s just not worth it anymore. I never thought I‘d miss Glenda that much

3. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

Such a sad issue, it just looks like they've put in zero effort into making this. And for this to be US Harper's Bazaar....

4. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Seems fitting...

vogue28 likes this.
  5. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Is it, though? The April issue of American Vogue was BAD, like.... almost certainly the worst issue of Vogue I’ve ever seen. But overall when I think back to the past several months of both magazines, I can’t even think of a single noteworthy article or editorial that I can even remember from Harper’s Bazaar. Aside from who was on the cover, I truly can’t even remember anything else. Whereas Vogue has produced some strong imagery (most of Annie’s work in the January issue, including some of the covers) some memorable editorials (Family Values by Nadine Ijewere, for example) some controversy (Harry Styles, Kamala Harris), several decent essays, and features on some undervalued players in the fashion industry. Even at its absolute worst, Vogue is a better, more interesting, more memorable magazine.

JPineapple likes this.
  6. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Abysmal indeed, not one decent photograph out the entire issue. I'm not compelled to click a single thumbnail. A real shame the magazine is now a shadow of its former self, considering the prestigious talent which used to feature on the pages of American Harper's Bazaar.

I guess, at the very least, there is some actual fashion content as opposed to the embarrassment of American Vogue's at-home portfolio.

liberty33r1b and Bertrando3 like this.
  7. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I’ve managed to catch up with all the issues produced since Glenda’s departure – it’s a hard time to be a magazine editor, but the one thing you DO have control over is the layout of your publication, and the redesign that’s been introduced brings nothing.

Harper’s Bazaar is renowned for its legacy of iconic imagery and innovative layouts – and the people who are now appearing on its pages are being cheated out of taking their place in a new chapter of that rich history because someone thinks the magazine should look like you borrowed the same base template that Allure uses.

arabchic, WAVES, aracic and 3 others like this.
  8. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Everything was working until the hair, makes her look like a robot or Disney villain unfortunately. If they wanted to go with such short style they shouldnt have had it too severe it would have been more easy.