US Harper’s Bazaar April 2021 : Jane Fonda by Mario Sorrenti

I cancelled my subscription, it‘s just not worth it anymore. I never thought I‘d miss Glenda that much

Such a sad issue, it just looks like they've put in zero effort into making this. And for this to be US Harper's Bazaar....

Better than us vogue

Is it, though? The April issue of American Vogue was BAD, like.... almost certainly the worst issue of Vogue I’ve ever seen. But overall when I think back to the past several months of both magazines, I can’t even think of a single noteworthy article or editorial that I can even remember from Harper’s Bazaar. Aside from who was on the cover, I truly can’t even remember anything else. Whereas Vogue has produced some strong imagery (most of Annie’s work in the January issue, including some of the covers) some memorable editorials (Family Values by Nadine Ijewere, for example) some controversy (Harry Styles, Kamala Harris), several decent essays, and features on some undervalued players in the fashion industry. Even at its absolute worst, Vogue is a better, more interesting, more memorable magazine.

What an abysmal issue.

Abysmal indeed, not one decent photograph out the entire issue. I'm not compelled to click a single thumbnail. A real shame the magazine is now a shadow of its former self, considering the prestigious talent which used to feature on the pages of American Harper's Bazaar.

I guess, at the very least, there is some actual fashion content as opposed to the embarrassment of American Vogue's at-home portfolio.

I’ve managed to catch up with all the issues produced since Glenda’s departure – it’s a hard time to be a magazine editor, but the one thing you DO have control over is the layout of your publication, and the redesign that’s been introduced brings nothing.

Harper’s Bazaar is renowned for its legacy of iconic imagery and innovative layouts – and the people who are now appearing on its pages are being cheated out of taking their place in a new chapter of that rich history because someone thinks the magazine should look like you borrowed the same base template that Allure uses.

Everything was working until the hair, makes her look like a robot or Disney villain unfortunately. If they wanted to go with such short style they shouldnt have had it too severe it would have been more easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
t0nyjh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->