US Harper’s Bazaar September 2018 : Bruce & Jessica Springsteen by Mario Sorrenti

:rofl::rofl::rofl: And people think that Rihanna looks sleepy on her cover.

While the cover nor it's subjects doesn't appeal to me in any shape or form, I'm sure it won't be the case for most Americans.
At face value Bruce's expression looks like he'll cave in from holding his daughter like that. Easily the most generic image Sorrenti ever produced.

Odd to see Sorrenti's name in a US Bazaar thread title. It's all due to Carine, of course, but still. Lol.

Rihanna looked sleepy

This is sleep inducing.

This magazine, sleeping for a decade now.

Odd to see Sorrenti's name in a US Bazaar thread title. It's all due to Carine, of course, but still. Lol.

He used te be quite a regular contributor in the early 2000s wen the magazine was still good. He even shot a cover with Sharon Stone.

But I agree it’s weird to see hem working for the magazine now.

Photographs By: Mario Sorrenti
Creative Direction By: Dennis Freedman
Sittings Editors: Ron Hartleben and Daniel Gaines
Sittings Assistant: Lauren Fern
Hair: Recine
Makeup: Kanako Takase
Manicures: Lisa Jachno
Starring: Bruce and Jessica Springsteen; Kanye, North, and Saint West; Christina Aguilera, Max Bratman, and Summer Rutler; Lionel and Nicole Richie; Theodora and Alexandra Richards; Erykah Badu, Puma Curry, and Mars Thedford

harpersbazaar.com

I love the Kanye and Erykah. I love that the Richie are in Tom Ford but my god, even if the composition of Cristina one is great, her face just makes me sad...

I want to see Mariah now! I hope she is in her Sofa lol

Ok but Lionel with Nicole is making me happy. I’m also liking Kanye and Erykah’s shots.

Idk what the Richard sisters are doing there without their dad.

This is what happens when you live in a time where sex appeal is a tricky selling point - you end up with Bruce Springsteen on the cover of a September issue.

Who knows, maybe they're redressing the balance of diversity where not enough old white men have ever featured on the front of fashion magazines.

I like Kanye's cover... is the only good thing that I can say until I see the full editorial.

Well this is really disappointing. What is this doing in a fashion mag? This would be good for another magazine, but why this?

Thank God they've got Lionel and Nicole! Springsteen and his daughter look terrible...is that the best photo they took of them? Awful.

Is that Christina Aguilera? She doesn't even look like herself anymore.

A magazine and editor get what it deserves, when they opt to give readers freaking Bruce and Jessica Springsteen as their September cover stars. What the actual heck? I'm dumbfounded. This is so random that it's not even remotely funny or... iconic!

Fashion is dead

No, lol, this magazine is dead. I'm surprised that magazines such as Allure or TeenVogue, functional mags which serves a purpose beyond just throwing products at their readers are suffering, yet US Bazaar with its inoffensive Rita Wilson stories and unimaginative coverlines continue to thrive. Beyond the celeb on the cover there's absolutely nothing which gives you an indication that this may be an issue filled with great content. Even the covershot is 99% of all times a generic and accessible shot in front of an eternal digital backdrop. And they've been doing this for well over two decades now.

The winds of change may sweep across the industry but Bazaar will stay shilling '(Insert random three-digit number) best looks for fall/winter/spring/summer.' Says more about consumers, who condone this crap, than it says about Glenda and her team, really.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->