US Harper’s Bazaar September 2019 : Alicia Keys by Mario Sorrenti

Alicia herself looks beautiful, as always. However the overall design of the cover, from styling to photography to text placement, content, and color just reads as terribly cheap to me.

It’s a beautiful cover and I think that the shadows add something to it. It’s fresh and modern.
Is it September worthy? No!
Do we need a black leather Ferragamo dress on the cover? No!

Alicia is a weird and refreshing choice.
At least, as this is photographed by Sorrenti, it will look less amateurish than everything Carine is doing lately.

Awkward pose, and personally I dont like styling or the dress. It feels very off.

I think this looks quite dated, but it's great to see Alicia snag a September cover.

Christy Turlington is the suscribers cover.

I just saw the full editorial, the strongest shoots are the ones with Christy. There is one with the Prada dress used in W’s cover that is sublime. Shaileene looks good too.

And for Celine, that wig is a completely mess.

As usual, Alicia looks stunning, BUT....

that dress is a disservice to her stunning figure. Why?

But Glenda could do worse. Not mad at this

I’ve seen the ed!
Christy’s cover is very beautiful The best use of Hedi’s Celine so far! Fabulous and festive cover!
Devon Aoki is stunning in it!
The cast is strong so far even if I wonder what Shaleine Woodley is doing in the « Icons », the same for Lakeith even if he is very handsome.

Céline Dion looks ridiculous. A caricature of herself...Basically what she is lately.

HQ Newsstand & Subscribers Cover:

HARPERSBAZAAR.COM

BAZAAR ICONS 2019
Cast: Alicia Keys, Alek Wek, Celine Dion, Lakeith Stanfield, Devon Aoki, Christy Turlington, Shailene Woodley, Awkwafina, Kate Moss & Regina King
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld

HARPERSBAZAAR.COM

A little dumbfounded over how Alicia Keys could make the cover of a fashion magazine, for what is considered to be the biggest issue of the year. Carine Roitfeld ought to be stopped at this rate. Is Alicia even a big thing anymore? Excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something she's done recently.

The lineup of 'icons' couldn't be more random, and is ultimately a total flop and non-event. Christy Turlington and Kate Moss are the only two (maybe Celine Dion) who, I personally, could only declare as iconic.

Subscribers definitely have the upper hand this month, such a beautiful offering with Christy right there. Although this is just yet another issue of US Bazaar I won't be purchasing!

Alicia is beautiful, but I hate her dress.
The Christy is cover is beautiful.
Someone needs to send Carine a dictionary, with icon bookmarked.
Most of the people in that ed are not it.

Alicia looks much better than Christy. Chrysti's cover is a little sloppy, her hair received a bad photoshop treatment, it looks too squared and the photo is all blurry and lack of definition.

Alicia Keys isn’t relevant enough to cover a September cover. Even if it’s Harper’s Bazaar.

Another lackluster September cover from HB. SAD.

Both covers are good, the Carine's editorial is ok, some pics are fine & the other are boring. Celine looks much older with that hairstyle.

thank god I‘m a subscriber!! what a let down the other cover is

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->