US Harper's Bazaar August 2024 : Winona Ryder by Liv Liberg

Was she high? And on a more serious note: was the team also high when picking that crazy a** shot as the cover?????' Geezzzzzz these people don't deserve their jobs. It's the worst cover I have ever seen, and trust me, I've seen plenty lol.

Yeah.. when you extract it as a phrase to be judged alone just to accelerate and nurture shock. You really could've grabbed any part of these posts, or any line in any post about a more sensitive topic, and it would sound just as crazy:

- inclusivity allowed for a lot of mediocrity
- inclusivity is the inclusion of regular people with little to no skill
- allowed at the table thanks solely to their social media numbers
- It's always about profit.

This is also why the industry has plummeted in terms of content and competitiveness and become dependable of shams like commodity activism, because the attention span of the average fashion enthusiast has been intentionally reduced to microscopic levels to favor rampant consumerism that critical thinking to absorb context, which is the very foundation of debate, is quickly shut down under the good ol' "you're a hater" "I'd like to see YOU directing a magazine!" "you're bullying!" "I've never seen so much negativity" (when in reality, what you have seen on social media is an excess of faux positivity that demonizes criticism of any kind). Fast forward to 10-12 years of the same conglomerate-sponsored indoctrination and as soon as anyone is spotted saying anything more than just applause, we scan quickly hoping to fish for that part that will quickly elevate ourselves at the expense of sinking or invalidating someone else regardless of their intent. Individuality reigns and the often unethical practices of corporate fashion are preserved.

Given the popularity of this phenomenon in current, commercial fashion, I'm not surprised this would be your preferred method to debut your new account, just slightly surprised that you felt compelled to tell us that you never comment yet imply that you read regularly and somehow this is "the craziest". Assuming you do read regularly and aren't just scanning for spicy content, of all the highly offensive things posted in the last year (especially in relation to women working in fashion), it's a line you chose to be crazy what is the craziest..

Finally, 'I never comment on here' 'I don't feel like commenting here much because it's all a bunch of bitter old women!' (another recent, similar debut) only means one thing: you want to comment here so bad, regularly, but don't have the humility to just post a comment and carry on, no, you need the attention, the bombastic and offensive first post that will make people quickly notice you, god forbid no one likes your posts because.. wired to social media. FYI, tfs did not have likes until very recently, and now I wish they had never brought them here, they really bring out the worst in some.
Also an astute observation not just in the fashion world, but American society in general. It's like corporations and social media have managed to reduce the maturity of the entire population in this country to tween status. And the idiocy of the "bunch of bitter old women" comment is laughable -- as if being in your early 20s (or whatever) is some kind of virtue that only enlightened people achieve? What? lol

Who would have the ability to photograph Winona badly? Its literally the only time I've seen her look bad in a pic.

Winona's mug shot served harder than this cover and every shot in the editorial.
Strange choices, unfit for a cover and editorial for someone who's had a career as extensive as Winona.

I get doing the unexpected, this is not that. This is unattractive, unflattering and low key disrespectful.

How the hell did they manage to f*ck up Winona Ryder?
This could have been amazing.

Getting Winona Ryder for a cover model and then messing up the choice of cover shot - the entire shoot in general, tbh - that badly? That's an own goal if I've ever seen one.

It's just bad. How do you waste Winona Ryder's face like that?

A truly horrid cover and accompanying cover story. Genuinely couldn't care less about Winona Ryder but she undoubtedly deserved better than this. It's become pretty apparent Samira Nasr needs to depend on Carlos Nazario even more, because those Regnia King and Anok/Christy covers are still some of my faves of this year!

Love Winona but this is like an extremely awkward version of that Dannii Minogue Neon Nights album cover

the cover is mediocre and so is the editorial.
what a waste of resources.

Wow. One of the worst covers of the decade. A lesson in how to do the opposite of flattery and balance.

In Character
Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make Up: Yadim
Nails: Dawn Sterling
Talents & Models: Precious Lee, Dede Mansro, Day Day, Honey Balenciaga, Jose-Lapaz Rodriguez, Tems, Alva Claire, Puma Curry, Irina Shayk, Laura Harrier, Sherry Shi, Fred Hechinger, Omahyra Mota, Joan Smalls, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Amy Sedaris, Akon Changkou, Hannah Einbinder, Patti Harrison, Alton Mason, Ylang Messenguiral, Julio Torres, Amanda Lepore, Lara Menezes, Jessie Aina, Idriys Ali-Chow

Bazaar US Digital

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denncr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->