US Harper's Bazaar December 2016 / January 2017 : Lady Gaga by Inez & Vinoodh

I love the look of the inside shoot, Inez and Vinoodh are just incredible - I adore them. They take the best photographs of Gaga too, they're a fantastic match for one another and they capture her unique beauty in the best way.

Finally! Some A-list photographers for the cover.

HQ Newsstand Cover & Cover Story:

HARPERSBAZAAR.COM

When will the magazine be on sale?

I'm really excited about seeing Lady Gaga on the cover.

They could've done a better and more iconic cover with Gaga. She's super flexible, easy to style. Yes, I get she has this cowgirl aura these days, but that can easily be turned into something iconic. And... you had Inez & Vinoodh! They had all the elements of having a stellar cover.

looks likea vintage cover though i think it needed a model to execute the concept

I want to dislike the cover, but I can't. Gaga seems to be a natural match for US Bazaar. But I wonder if their anniversary feature will be a travesty or will it be something that'll make me buy two issues - because it might be 2016, but I'm still cutting stuff out of magazines. You can laugh at me if you like, but remember, I'm holding scissors.

Gaga: The Portrait of a Lady

Model: Lady Gaga
Photographed by Inez & Vinoodh
Styled by Mel Ottenberg
Make-up by Sarah Tarino
Hair by Frederic Aspiras
Nails by Naomi Yasuda

US Harper's Bazaar Digital edition

Think Pink

Model: Aamito Lagum
Photographed by Daniel Riera
Styled by Joanna Hillman
Make-up by Monica Marmo
Hair by Noelia Corral

The JLo Down

Model: Jennifer Lopez
Photographed by Mark Seliger
Styled by Cassie Anderson
Make-up by Mary Philips
Hair by Lorenzo Martin
Nails: Tom Bachik
Set Design: Andy Henbest

Take The Plunge

Model: Kalli Dangerfield
Photographed by Kenneth Willardt
Styled by Cassie Anderson
Make-up by Lisa Houghton
Hair by Kayla MiChele
Nails: Mar Y Soul

What's New...

Model: Isabella Emmack
Photographed by Bjorn Iooss
Styled by Natasha Royt
Make-up by Kabuki
Hair by Diego Da Silva
Nails: Sheril Bailey

Coach's Dino - Mite Year

Model: Chloë Grace Moretz & Stuart Vevers
Photographed by Kristian Schuller
Styled by Natasha Royt
Make-up by Mai Quynh
Hair by Gregory Russell
Nails: Holly Falcone

I love Think Pink, the location is just stunning. The shot of Aamito in the ruffled lamé Gucci dress is incredible.

I am sort of baffled by the Jennifer Lopez feature though - isn't she big enough to carry a cover for that Zanotti collaboration? Rihanna got two Vogues for the Manolo one. Also her article seems to be longer than Gaga's which is a bit silly as Gaga is supposed to be the main attraction.

What better cover stars do Bazaar have in the future, that they'd waste the chance to put Jennifer on the front? Her style of glamour is exactly suited to the magazine.

Laura Brown is gone, and all of a sudden I like at least three of the edits posted so far!! Agree with Vogue28, there is a Porter quality to Gaga's editorial, love it! It's odd that she got both Vogue and HB's anniversary covers. And the pink story with Aamito is amazing, and a huge upgrade for this magazine.

Considering Jennifer Lopez's strong relationship with Glenda, I'm also surprised they didn't go with her. There's not much celebrating going on with these features anyway, so it's not as if they needed someone to encapsulate 150 years of fashion.

Please tell me this is a joke. I can't believe this is how they celebrate the anniversary of their 150th year. A big disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->