US Harper's Bazaar December 2016 / January 2017 : Lady Gaga by Inez & Vinoodh

This magazine is so boring. I'll take the old tacky Bazaar over this glorified catalog any day. Aamito's ed is great, we just need more like it.

Subscribers' cover

Thanks for posting this, Bee! Great shot, but not very special for an anniversary cover. Just wished they had all the fonts as per the masthead.

I flipped through the issue and there's also an edit with Juliana Schurig, in lots of red dresses, photographed in the new Cartier setup. Other than a lengthy article about the history of the magazine, it's just like a normal issue.

The one thing that would make me buy this issue is a decent retrospective of past covers and content, so I'll hold out a little hope, from the sound of that.

The one thing that would make me buy this issue is a decent retrospective of past covers and content, so I'll hold out a little hope, from the sound of that.

Nope, there's none of that, I'm afraid. That was the only reason I flipped through it. There's the article which I mentioned above, and that's it. Yet despite this, I saw a large stack of it in the bookstore (probably it will sell mostly to Gaga's fans because of the pink hat which looks identical to her album cover).

But seriously, I'm beginning to reach the stage where I need to address a standard open letter to these editors. If they'll insist on plastering 'Special Anniversary Issue' on the cover, then I demand the following:

- Their best, worst (this won't happen!), most controversial covers, and the conception/intrigue behind it.
- Maybe a modern day recreation of the above
- Interviews with longtime collaborators (photographers, models, actors).
- A line-up of women who embodied each decade (no 1 woman defines 150 years, surely).

I know this will prove to be a trying feat for the magazines who celebrate every year (Vogue China and India), but for Bazaar it should be very easy. They've got such a rich and long-spanning vault to tap into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->