US Harper's Bazaar December 2023/January 2024 : Lana Del Rey by Collier Schorr

The cover even surprised me because it wasn't that bad, because when I read the photographer's name I was already prepared for something worse... But the second photo, the wig is ugly like Lana's personality and the rest is SUPER boring like her and her songs!

December is “art issue” month it seems. HB, Vogue, and AD so far had that as their theme. I think W typically does for December, too.

I am not a Lana Del Rey fan but I love the cover photograph and the styling. Love the color palette. There are a few nice photographs of Rey inside of the issue (already up on the website). I don't mind the wig. Rey looks good in it. I am looking forward to the fashion editorials. I hope they are amazing. Can't wait.

A cute cover by US Bazaar standard, but other magazines have done a much better job with Lana. I audibly gasped at the sight of that horrid wig (and equally as horrid second photo in the first post), but what else would you expect from Schorr's work? I'm a Lana stan, I love her work and I love seeing her get exposure so I'm biased but I actually like most of the images shown here so far. They seem to be either good or really, really bad, no in between. Unexpected subject choice, though. I appreciate that.

Hoping this is the subscriber's cover. She's wearing Rodarte (with the dogs on full display lol) in this one and in the other she's wearing Prada, so I think we all know who gets newstand.

hbz120123cover-nolines-02-655b7b5dd3a3a.png
harpersbazaar.com

Last edited:
The second set of photos with Lana in the long tee-shirt and no pants makes it look like the photographer holds a grudge against her and intentionally tried to make her look as frumpy as possible

Love the covers but the editorial is odd. I only like the shot of her in the denim and the close up jewelry shot.

Hoping this is the subscriber's cover. She's wearing Rodarte (with the dogs on full display lol) in this one and in the other she's wearing Prada, so I think we all know who gets newstand.

View attachment 1242112
harpersbazaar.com
Samira Nasr does not publish subscriber covers. I subscribe and have only received the newsstand covers. This alternate cover probably appears inside of the issue as always.

Reactions: KoV
You can't have nice things. Not even for the Dec-Jan issue. Which may or may not acknowledge the existence of Christmas. Maybe Lana was a bad girl, so the only thing Santa's brought her is a bad wig.

Some nice shots inside, but not the most interesting version of the Lana look I've ever seen.

The cover is decent by Collier Schorr standards, but Lana is always dull and lifeless in pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->