US Harper's Bazaar February 2010 : Miley Cyrus by Peter Lindbergh

semone help me!
I dunno if i should subscribe to Harper's Bazaar or Vogue...
which one should i pick? I've never ever bought a Bazaar before and ehh Vogue is alright

I quite like iselin's editorial, her expressions make it special. Camilla's one isn't bad, some shots are actually beautiful, but as it was said here there's nothing that we haven't seen before.

Miley cyrus? Well I am glad I didnt renew my subscription. I wish I would say the same for elle magazine. They both have went downhill. Too much commercial celebs. Same people, same boring interviews. Why not someone like Anne Hathaway, Alicia keys, and stop with this Miley thing. Eww!

Sorry I guess I am late to this thread. Mine came last week and I was so confused and insulted by it. Do they really think readers want a teen Disney grad (I don't even know for sure if she is) on their covers? Isn't the audience 20-70 somethings? DO they think we listen to her music or watch her movies (if she does movies, IDK)? And above all do they think we give a flip what she think of fashion or what she wears? Seriously I have been regretful to be a subscriber lately. Why can't we have some of the subjects of the foreign covers like Jacquetta I would LOVE or Julianne Moore or whoever else. I think I will let my subscription lapse and expire. Also random stupid things in the last page where they have the "what's in and out" stuff. Like I'm pretty sure chains have a lot more market share than ethnic beads. And black with never be out. I don't know. Glenda Bailey, what is going on?

I first thought when I opened my mail that I had accidently received Seventeen instead of Baazar. Miley Cyrus?? I have nothing against her. I just didn't think she belonged on the cover of a high-fashion magazine. I actually thought the subscriber cover was MUCH better than the newstand cover. I thought it captured her personality and was very natural. On the newstand cover she looked like a cheesy, posed teen beauty queen. Awful!!

The reality is that Myley Cyrus sells, and there are many teen girls who will buy this on the newstand or steal their mother's copy. Obviously her management is trying to transition her into a more mature image away from Disney and this was done to that end.

I actually think the cover with Miley looks really good. Just don't see why everyone needs to hate her. I think she's sweet. :smile:

semone help me!
I dunno if i should subscribe to Harper's Bazaar or Vogue...
which one should i pick? I've never ever bought a Bazaar before and ehh Vogue is alright

VOGUE! For me, Harper's is turning into a huge disappointment issue after issue.

THIS ISSUE is already up in ZINIO, whoever wants to read it

Harper's Bazaar USA February 2010 Gabourney Sidibe by Brigitte Lacombe via journal-plaza.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->