US Harper's Bazaar June/July 2024 : Emma Corrin by Sam Rock

This is something new. I like the colours, but is a reminder of Samira's old Bazaar with the subject and a huge empty space.

Honestly, I was rooting so hard for American Harper's Bazaar after three terrific covers in a row. I see we're back to square one here. Dumbfounded over Samira Nasr expecting people to part with their hard-earned money for such an abysmal cover. Where's the allure? Where's the charm? Not to mention this will be sat on newsstands for longer, I just can NOT with this.

This is so brave. I'm crying here. I mean, she's wearing her GRANDPA's underwear. That's raw.

raw

tenor

When I see covers like this, it makes me think that editors are making magazines for themselves. HB is a mass, mainstream fashion publication. I don't really know who this is for. I get the same feeling from most of GQ's covers, too -- that they are producing something for other people within their industry, not for readers or the general public.

I bet they (as in the magazine) thought they were being soooo radical and subversive for having armpit hair on display on the cover lol
US Vogue did it with Emma's cover from 2022! The intention of a non-binary as a cover subject it's beyond nice, but the result is quite "that's it?". It's typical (and sadly) bad styled empty Bazaar cover. The only I rescue is the blue tone. The Miu Miu look is unlikeable.

IMG_2278-compressed.png
Photographer: Sam Rock
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Makeup: Aaron de Mey for Sisley
Hair: Mustafa Yanaz for Bumble and Bumble
(harpersbazaar.com)
IMG_2266-compressed.jpeg
IMG_2267-compressed.png
IMG_2268-compressed.png
IMG_2269-compressed.png
IMG_2270-compressed.png
IMG_2271-compressed.png
IMG_2272-compressed.png
IMG_2273-compressed.png
IMG_2274-compressed.png
IMG_2275-compressed.png
IMG_2276-compressed.png
IMG_2277-compressed.png

Was really hoping that woke fashion mag covers were finally behind us. Guess not.

I do not like the cover itself but there are a few lovely shots in the editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->