US Harper's Bazaar October 2020 : Sarah Paulson by Sam Taylor-Johnson

Sarah Paulson, like Regina King, is criminally underrepresented in fashion magazines despite doing the most work and having great personal style. Just goes to show that if you're not backed by a brand you're virtually nonexistent.

The cover, however, looks like a preview, and afterthought. The type of outtake shot you can find in any global edition of Harper's Bazaar. Pity it's not striking enough.

A long-overdue cover appearance from Sarah Paulson indeed, but just like that I miss the vibrancy that Glenda Bailey's covers offered. Despite being appropriate for October, it's just SO dreadfully dull... Sam Taylor Johnson's photography is naff.

I hate the styling and photography, hopefully the editorial has better pics...

I am so happy to see Sarah, but she deserved better! This cover wouldn't draw my attention at newsstand. Say what you wish about Glenda, but her covers stood out and were always vibrant and eye-catching, despite often being an eyesore when looked at closely.

I would've prefered that close-up in Dries as a cover.

It's very sombre - is it supposed to be a reflection of the times? If I were a subscriber, I'd probably look forward to reading it, but as it stands, it wouldn't be an impulse purchase for me in the store.

That said, imagine Sarah Paulson interpreted through Glenda's cover formula.

very happy to see her and it is indeed long time overdue.
I don’t mind the styling and colours but her expression is a little bit too serious.

there’s another cover (subscribers?) on Sarah Paulson’s Instagram profile that I much prefer, even if it’s a profile one.

The subscribers cover is much better. But still there are some little details that aren’t working.

The new Harper's Bazaar looks muted than what it was before, but I'd definitely take this than their tacky covers from last year.

And YES to Sarah Paulson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->