US Harper's Bazaar October 2020 : Sarah Paulson by Sam Taylor-Johnson

I love Sarah Paulson as much as the next person, but this cover is so drab. The subscribers' cover would've worked so well for a newsstand had she been looking into the camera, and had the lighting been better. She looks exquisite in Marc Jacobs there.

STJ is the most overrated "sometime fashion photographer", no surprise that this cover is lacking in any personality or vibrancy. Hope HB don't head in this pretentious mood under Samira.

Does Sarah Paulson deserve a cover? ABSOLUTELY! It’s about damn time!

Does Sarah Paulson deserve this particular cover? NO. TERRIBLE.

This is Harper’s Bazaar Ukraine at most. The art direction is terrible! Instead of leading the pack, they decided to use a layout USED by MOST editions. Look at Bazaar UK! The art direction is what I’d expect from an intern suddenly tasked to produce a digital cover.

US Harper's Bazaar October 2020

Sara Paulson Always Chooses Dare

Photographer: Sam Taylor-Johnson
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Adir Abergel
Makeup: Adam Breuchaud
Cast: Sarah Paulson

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Tailor Made

Photographer: Sharif Hamza
Stylist: Elissa Santisi
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Makeup: Francelle Daly
Cast: Eniola Abioro

Rashida Jones Feels it All

Photographer: Sofia Coppola
Hair: Marilee Albin
Makeup: Jamie Greenberg
Cast: Rashida Jones

Fringe Benefits

Photographer: Emmanuel Sanchez-Monsalve
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Shin Arima
Makeup: Courtney Perkins
Cast: Yasmin Wijnaldum

Super Natural

Photographer: Sharif Hamza
Stylist: Anatolli Smith
Hair: Nai'vasha
Makeup: Raisa Flowers
Cast: Azu Nwogu

I love Sofia, she’s my favorite celebrity and not a bad photographer. Those photos of Rashida are criminal, though. The last one? Good lord!

It took her long enough lol but Yasmin finally learnt how to model ! :judge::mohawk: She has always been great on the runway but TODAY she has shown she can eventually pose well in an editorial.

Paul Cavaco working for Bazaar is promising. But we all know how Alex White for Elle is turning out. So I’m not getting too excited.

Paul Cavaco working for Bazaar is promising. But we all know how Alex White for Elle is turning out. So I’m not getting too excited.
Just a contributor right? I don’t think we’ll see him there with Samira

Decent edits here - at least much better than in previous issues. Everything looks quite polished.

I know Sharif Hamza is not the most individualistic or artistic photographer, but I always enjoyed his work for Dazed with Karen Langley. Eniola's edit is a bit basic, but the close up and shot at the train station are quite lovely...maybe SH can be pushed in the right direction here if they get the team right. Elissa might not be the one to include in that team, mind you. Yasmin looks great - glam girl.

I love Sofia, she’s my favorite celebrity and not a bad photographer. Those photos of Rashida are criminal, though. The last one? Good lord!

IKR? What magazine would put such an out of focus picture in an editorial?

They seemed to go for a somber yet romantic mood with Paulson’s cover and editorial but the latter quality isn’t captured well. It needs a more dramatic lighting for me to work.

Reactions: KoV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->