US Harper's Bazaar September 2015 : Katy Perry by Jean-Paul Goude

A whopping eleven months since her last HB cover. I guess she's willing to ride the wave of this whole "Bad Blood" faux-drama...

What on earth is that dress? what on earth is this cover?? Nothing about the cover lines excite me either... Katy, Carine, Kendall, Kylie, Sharon...

the close up is stunning! that lipstick looks awesome on her

I guess it could be worse, so whatever...

The newsstand's is much better than the subscriber's cover.

The newsstand's is much better than the subscriber's cover.

True! Which is odd in itself because it'a usually the other way around. I quite like the newsstand cover, it's very striking. It seems Carine got JP Goude to shoot her autumn feature, and Glenda managed to extract two covers from that opportunity. She'd never have been able to secure him on her own, I'm sure.

It seems Carine got JP Goude to shoot her autumn feature, and Glenda managed to extract two covers from that opportunity. She'd never have been able to secure him on her own, I'm sure.

Not true. Jean Paul Goude has worked a couple of times for Harpers Bazaar in the last couple of years. Well before Carine was involved.

Not true. Jean Paul Goude has worked a couple of times for Harpers Bazaar in the last couple of years. Well before Carine was involved.

Please post these covers he shot for them 'a couple of times' because I canmot seem to remember any.

Please post these covers he shot for them 'a couple of times' because I canmot seem to remember any.

Mikel didn't mention 'covers' so I suppose he/she is talking about feature on Nicolas Ghesquière (with Charlotte Gainsbourg) Goude shot for HB US back in 2012 and Marc Jacobs portrait he did for them in 2007. This is what I can remember without referring to Google.

^
There's also an edit he did with Naomi Campbell that's very well known back in 2008 I think?

And iirc he shot an editorial for them with Laetitia Casta inspired by Mae West.

I wasn't talking about covers. I was trying to say that Jean Paul Goude already has a established working relationship with Glenda Bailey and Bazaar well before Carine was involved (thanks everyone for providing some examples). So to imply that Glenda was only able to 'secure' him for a cover because of Carine is based on a wrongful assumption and basically nonsense.

That's all. :flower:

Just got the issue... Big waste of money. Not one story is worth noting.

Some editorials even have RESORT pieces shot... Such a shame magazines are so out of touch that they need to keep speeding up the fashion process.

Time For Texture
Model: Ondria Hardin
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Fashion Editor: Elissa Santisi
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Make-up: Francelle

wearesodroee.com

Fall Starts Here
Model: Karolin Wolter
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Fashion Editor: Tom Van Dorpe
Hair: Vi Sappyapy