US InStyle January 2021 : Jodie Comer by Charlotte Hadden

Love the first cover, the second cover should just stay in the draft.

Funny how these Us & Uk editors love to give Jodie covers left and right, while pretend Sandra Oh never existed.

Yeah, I think fashion’s bias really becomes evident here. Both actresses are the leads, and both carry the show equally in my opinion. And yet, we’re seeing a ton of Jodie, and virtually no Sandra. Could be by choice: perhaps Sandra doesn’t care about fashion at all. But this whole topic is very interesting indeed.

Re: these covers, I really like the first one!

Funny how these Us & Uk editors love to give Jodie covers left and right, while pretend Sandra Oh never existed.

Is it a racist thing or just that on the show, Villanelle is the biggest character/more famous with the audience?

I love the first cover, very romantic and pretty :smile:

Well to be fair, she's promoting Free Guy hence all the recent covers. Also Villanelle is the fashion plate.

But that has been delayed now. It's funny seeing seeing all these magazine covers filled with celebrities whose projects have been pushed back. Last month it was Zendaya & Lea Seydoux (who's still getting covers) and the month before that it was Scarlett Johansson.

This and Style for a film that was pushed back. :(

Love the first cover, the second cover should just stay in the draft.

In Anne Fulenwider's defense, Sandra Oh did appear on the cover of American Marie Claire for May 2019 (which was later reprinted by British Marie Claire for July 2019) - and Sandra made the cover of Elle Canada for June 2020.

Jodie photographs like a dream, and that first cover is all that they needed. Despite it being the standout of the three (of five), it's a real shame it won't get the recognition it deserves, thanks to the unnecessary four doing the rounds also. A prime reason NOT to do multi-covers.

Looks lovely, but she bores me? Nothing excites me.

When "Killing Eve" first came out, I believe it was the reverse. If memory serves, Sandra Oh was getting covers like Marie Claire, Time, Elle, Porter, plus industry and smaller covers like Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Bust. Jodie was getting little or nothing. But as Villanelle became the breakout star of the show and a bit of a style icon in her own right, and as Jodie has been getting bigger roles (this cover is to promote "Free Guy", not" Killing Eve") the covers followed.

And anyway, Jodie is the fashion star, onscreen and off. She secured a Loewe campaign, shot by Meisel! Whatever she's getting is well-deserved.

I don't care for any of the covers, which seems like a missed opportunity because she's a great beauty with great presence when it comes to editorials. In fact, I'd go so far as to say these are the worst covers under her belt.

Love the first cover!! She's such a beauty and I've been mesmerized ever since I first saw her on Killing Eve. Nothing can beat her British Vogue cover by Meisel in my books, but this is a very nice shot - as it always is with Jodie. Hoping to see even more covers in the future, I still feel like she's quite underrated.

US InStyle January 2021

A Woman of Influence

Photographer: Charlotte Hadden
Stylist: Elizabeth Saltzman
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Val Garland
Cast: Jodie Comer

US InStyle Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members