US InStyle May 2016 : Kate Hudson by Greg Kadel

Handbag Queen

Reaction score
Moderator Note:

It was been decided that as of now, American InStyle is to receive its own dedicated thread each month. Please feel free to discuss the other international editions of the magazine inside the InStyle - Worldwide thread. Thank you!

040616_cover_reveal_lead.jpg

instyle.com

Cute photo of Kate, but I'm not feeling the love for that dress she has on!

Last edited by a moderator:
American InStyle's cover layout and choice of fonts, really does set them aside from the rest of the US titles and their new redesign is starting to grown on me, with the release of each issue. Kate Hudson's cover for May does look more suited to January, though.

American InStyle's cover layout and choice of fonts, really does set them aside from the rest of the US titles and their new redesign is starting to grown on me, with the release of each issue. Kate Hudson's cover for May does look more suited to January, though.

This! The redesign is actually starting to work and it looks classy than the preliminary stages of the redesign. The new font adds so much to the cover.

That photo is stunning! The dress leaves me cold, but everything I need is with that smile.

Kate's cover is gorgeous. The best one among all their covers for 2016, imo. Love the colors.

Wow, bad styling, bad photoshop & bad hair.

Subscribers cover is the same shot but less fonts

Moderator Note:It was been decided that as of now, American InStyle is to receive its own dedicated thread each month.

Great decision, but it's a shame it had to start with Kate Hudson... does anyone seriously care about her in the year 2016?

I haven't been a fan of this magazine since the redesign, I think they messed with a good thing.

Great decision, but it's a shame it had to start with Kate Hudson... does anyone seriously care about her in the year 2016?

I haven't been a fan of this magazine since the redesign, I think they messed with a good thing.

I liked the Skeleton Key.... But that was 2005.

I swear that Dior dress looks like it's suffering from multiple personality disorder. What a pathetic disgrace to Haute Couture. Kate looks good though.

My mom subscribed to Instyle in the 90s and I have to say I liked it better when this title wasn't so slick and glossy and trying so hard (not unlike the rest of magazine world) to be so all encompassing.

I miss the more insular and less design, image, self-conscious days of magazines when the masthead didn't have little hand-drawn doodles with annoying tibits about the editors, or breakdowns in the contents of how the cover came together or fashion editorial credits with suggestions on what Cher concert to see in your new Gucci garb.

Alright already. Yes, every inch of the magazine's space can be dedicated to promotion but please balance it out with some insight and reasons why we should care.

and as much as I do applaud InStyle design team for their ambition in taking on the daunting endeavor of actually creating a new custom typeface, instead of the more common and lazy straight from the archives resurrection of typefaces, it already looks dated to me not to mention being way to spindly, lacking weight and cumbersome to on the eyes as magazine coverlines.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great decision! The new InStyle is really starting to grow on me and it really deserves to have its own thread. However, is it possible that the the old comments from the past Worldwide Thread be transferred here? So that the discussion therein (if any) would be continued, and to have the thread starting with more comments.

^Done! :flower:

I'm thrilled everyone is on board with the new decision to give US InStyle its own thread. Hopefully they start to deliver more superior covers than this in the future..

I actually like the styling and mood of Kate's editorial, but couldn't Greg have opted for a more normal angle?

I love instyle US its my favorite to read US magazine to give styling inspiration and true style work, Kate looks amazıng can not waıt to buy it. :flower::heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->