US L'Officiel #1 : Lana Del Rey by Mick Rock

Scotty

Reaction score
Debut issue for March!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lana Del Rey interviewed by Stevie Nicks? Can we have it the other way, world? Thanks.

I don't mind the cover but the USA font is juvenile.

God, not her best shot at all despite the Jackie O/Nancy Sinatra references. I think they went overboard with the retouching.

Is it a Lana Del Rey special edition or are those people featured in the magazine....

I think Lana has committed so much to being a Priscilla Presley tribute act, that she's even going for the wonky face. Still love her.

I would have liked the cover if her face wasn't so weird on it!

i LOVE lana but the poor thing needs to take it easy on all the jobs done to her face. it could easily be a 60-something on the cover looking exactly like her. :doh:

apart from that, these images suck if you ask me. for inaugural issue, they should have tried harder.

She looks stunning! I love it. The names on the cover are the people that interviewed her. The full interview and ed is available online.

What a bizarre business decision, a US version of L'Officiel...

I think Lana has committed so much to being a Priscilla Presley tribute act, that she's even going for the wonky face. Still love her.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic, Priscilla after a bad face lift!
The eye liner is so heavy and makes her look so old.
I love good retro 60s, and this is not good retro 60s.

Not Lana's best image, but I like what I see. This debut reminded me of the time when L'Officiel premiered in Serbia (was folded a few years later), I was much younger and was amazed by their poetic floral cover... :cry:

(color.rs)

What a bizarre business decision, a US version of L'Officiel...

Yeah, I wonder if the US audience is going catch the spirit of this magazine, especially in a point of time where slightly more elegent publications, like W, are slowly dying out.

I think Lana is great, and one of my favorite celebrities to see model, but I think this is a huge flop!

She looks stunning! I love it. The names on the cover are the people that interviewed her. The full interview and ed is available online.

Thanks for the info! :flower:

I think it's much easier for L'officiel to launch than for W to revamp. It's a new brand for Americans, so they may be more receptive to it. I'm sure they did their homework thoroughly before launching.

I bought a copy today (also one with Armie Hammer). I was surprised it was so cheap ($1.10).

I bought a copy today (also one with Armie Hammer). I was surprised it was so cheap ($1.10).

You're joking! That's dirt cheap, what are the paper made from, leaves?

How does the issue seem so far, Sensation?

I just bought this and L'Officiel Hommes USA. The magazines are exactly the same except for the covers. Woulda been mad at buying both if the cover price wasn't $1. I couldn't find any subscription info, so it will be interesting to see what the price is for the next issue.

Review:

Interviews: Hari Nef, Simone Rocha, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, Alessandro Sartori, Alexandre Mattiussi

Vivienne Westwood feature with photos by Juergen Teller

"Express Yourself"
P: Christine Hahn
S: Kyle Luu
M: Ava Smith

"Groupie Love"
P: Mick Rock
S: Anna Trevelyan
Lana Del Rey

"Uncharted Territory"
P: Bjarne X Takata
S: Vanessa Chow