US L'Officiel September 2024 : Nicole Kidman by Matthew Brookes

Are they kidding with that shot for a cover???
And reprinted 15 000 times???
The photo is bad :
- horrible hair
- the pose is so awkward
- the dress doesn't fit
- it's way too obscure
- the layout doesn't work with that shot
= it's a NO.
NEXT !

Now where did they dig up her old face? Kinda like how her back isn't too polished.

Better than most offerings from Vogue this month! I like it, it's a strong and commanding cover shot. I was instantly reminded of the mockup cover of Runway Anne Hathaway comes across toward the end of The Devil Wears Prada. I love the dark colours, the composition, the angle, the voluminous curls on Kidman - everything!

Better than most offerings from Vogue this month! I like it, it's a strong and commanding cover shot. I was instantly reminded of the mockup cover of Runway Anne Hathaway comes across toward the end of The Devil Wears Prada. I love the dark colours, the composition, the angle, the voluminous curls on Kidman - everything!
I agree! I like both cropped versions. I also think that this is the magazine's strongest cover image featuring an actress since they began publishing in the USA. Overall, their editorial content is also very good.

Last edited:
Oooff.. just noticed how the watch is on top of her sleeve.

Always happy to see Nicole on anything.
But cannot wait for the Demna Balenciaga era to be dead and gone.

Bone straight hair would've been more fire.

I like this. She knows how to create a sexy pose vs a lot of young models and stars that just photograph as angry.

Photographer: Matthew Brookes
Styling: Jason Bolden
Hair: Adir Abergel
Makeup: Kate Synnott
Celeb: Nicole Kidman

lofficielusa.com + instagram.com/jasonbolden

instagram.com/matthewbrookesphoto; ... /nicolekidman; ... /hairbyadir; .../lofficielitalia

Well she is one of my favorite actresses so I may be bias. she has an undeniable charisma so she made it much better than they could imagine.

She deserves better than this magazine… the cover is really not the best shot.

Yikes, the shoot is equally bad.
They wanted the Peter Lindbergh glow but they got this instead.

Photographer: Matthew Brookes
Styling: Jason Bolden
Hair: Adir Abergel
Makeup: Kate Synnott
Celeb: Nicole Kidman

lofficielusa.com + instagram.com/jasonbolden

instagram.com/matthewbrookesphoto; ... /nicolekidman; ... /hairbyadir; .../lofficielitalia
She seems so desperate to be visible. She looks scary. Cover and shoot are just awful!!!

There is the potential for an interesting shoot - using silk or leather like a second skin against the contours of her body. But what they've done is too messy to have a strong impression.

It has all the right moodboard but lacks execution skills. Like we get it, she's an OMEGA ambassador. The styling is so bad. The only good thing is that Nicole actually brought it so at least it's better than it would have been.

The editing on the cover reminds me of Netflix promo pics. They made her look like a vampire. The editorial is not bad but there's no stand out image that can be a cover shot. They needed a clean classic shot with the dark background and curly hair for the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->