US Marie Claire August 2020 : Janet Mock by Luke Gilford

Oh, wow! This is completely stunning. What an impressive day for magazine covers, must admit I'm positively surprised by all this. Great job! :clap:

Reactions: KoV
So happy to see her on the cover, sadly it's not her best photo. This woman can photograph so well, and wear HF, so it is kinda a let down they used this. But given her history with MC, I'm happy to see her on the cover.

What this ‘inaugural digital cover’ thing? Are they going digital? No print edition anymore?

So happy to see her on the cover, sadly it's not her best photo. This woman can photograph so well, and wear HF, so it is kinda a let down they used this. But given her history with MC, I'm happy to see her on the cover.

I think she looks gorgeous here and in the accompanying editorial, but I agree I’d love to see her in a HF shoot! I hope she is included in and gets a cover for Elle’s upcoming Women in Hollywood Issue and that they go in a couture direction.

Stunning! The art direction leaves much to be desired though..

Digital edition. Another one bites the dust.

Digital edition. Another one bites the dust.

Yikes, was it even announced that they would go digital, or is it digital in addition to print?

Also, agreed about the art direction. It looks like an afterthought.
The image is ok, but for some reason I picture Serena Williams in the pose/setting/styling, meaning it's very deja vu. Way too underwhelming for a September cover. And digital too? Will be a hard sell.

Agreed, there's a sad vibe to the cover something missing in the eyes to lift up the moody vibe.

What this ‘inaugural digital cover’ thing? Are they going digital? No print edition anymore?

from WWD

Take Marie Claire. At the beginning of the year before there were any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., the plan was to just combine December and January, as it had done in 2019. By spring the decision was made to combine June, July and August into one summer issue. Now, a Hearst spokeswoman confirmed, there will also be combined fall and winter issues this year. That means there will just be seven issues this year, compared to 11 in 2019. It’s thought a summer issue will be permanent, but there’s no word on if the fall and winter editions will be regular.

Instead, Aya Kanai, editor in chief of Marie Claire, recently told WWD the magazine is gearing up for a digital push, with the launch of its inaugural digital issue.

“Starting in August through the end of the year, I’m adding three digital covers and digital issues on top of our print issues. So basically I’m taking the cadence to one digital issue, one print issue, one digital issue, one print issue, one digital issue at the end of the year to make sure that Marie Claire is out there as much as possible. So we’re shooting exclusive digital covers,” she said.

Thanks for the info!

Too bad that Janet is relegated to just a digital issue.

Let it go digital, another awful cover

If only we had a shot like this for the Valentino campaign instead of that mess... Janet looks amazing as always!

It’s rare to see a cover star gives that much emotion! At first I didn’t know what to think but I like it! There’s a sense of sadness/melancholia in her eyes that I find very touching.
She looks great! She is very beautiful!

Janet & Hunter on two respective September covers makes my heart very happy. And the results couldn’t be more stunning! LOVE. ♥️♥️♥️♥️

This is an August issue, unfortunately. However, Janet is also one many activists featured on the foldout Cover of UK Vogue’s September cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->