US Marie Claire June 2019 : Charlize Theron by Thomas Whiteside

Gorgeous cover, but I just can't associate dark hair with her, she's one of the Hollywood's ultimate blondes.

Don't think this would work with anyone else. She brings this cover to life.

Stunning! What a gorgeous portrait

Would have been stunning if she were blonde

I agree she looks better as a blonde, the background and idea for that cover is very dated like the end of the 90´s lol. She looks so much like a young Ashley Judd /
Natalie Imbruglia here. Don´t you think?

She looks a bit washed up as a brunette, and the color palette of the styling + hair and make-up doesn’t math the backdrop. What saves it is her ability to...for a lack of better word, smize~ here.

Charlize Theron lands the June 2019 cover of Marie Claire US. Captured by Thomas Whiteside, the South African actress wears a Dior look complete with a knit sweater, top and jewelry. Inside the fashion glossy, Charlize models sleek ensembles. Fashion director Joseph Errico selects designs from labels such as Fendi, Marc Jacobs and Bulgari. For beauty, Adir Abergel works on hair with makeup by Kate Lee.

fashion gone rogue

Weird shoot. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something missing here. She looks great, the styling is tolerable, and so is the photography. Maybe it's the angles? I'd be keen to see how Ann decided to lay these images out because seem they'revery incoherent.
And I don't mean it's due to the way you've posted it, @KateTheGreatest :flower:

Yet another terrific cover from American Marie Claire. This magazine is on a serious role of late and has shot to the very top of my radar over recent months.

The cover image of Charlize is fab, effortlessly simple, straightforward and direct. The art direction doesn’t distract from the image either and each element complements one another perfectly. It also feels rather 90s/00s which I won’t complain about either.

She looks stunning but everything is boring and outdated.

Got this in the mail today. 138 pages.

Review:

"Charlize in Charge"
P: Thomas Whiteside
S: J Errico
Charlize Theron

"Beach Bum"
P: Robert Nethery
S: Kate Lanphear
M: Charlotte Rose Hanen, Trinity Trice, Gayeanne Hazlewood

That shot of Charlize with her head against the wall feels very 90s.

This is a 90’s cover in the best way possible. It’s lovely.

Charlize in Charge

Photographer: Thomas Whiteside
Stylist: J.Errico
Hair: Adir Abergel
Makeup: Kate Lee
Manicure: Jenna Hipp
Cast: Charlize Theron

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

Beach Bum

Photographer: Robert Nethery
Stylist: Kate Lanphear
Hair: Andre Gunn