US Marie Claire November 2018 : Kerry Washington by Thomas Whiteside

Ooh, easily Kerry Washington's best cover and editorial to date. It looks vintage and yet very now, and I appreciate that they didn't blur or lighten her skin like other magazines have done in the past.

This is an exquisite direction for Kerry hair and makeup wise, I hope it continues in this vein.

Wow, a winner for her, finally! I like this. It is her best yet, followed closely by her InStyle cover under Ariel Foxman which incidentally was also shot by Thomas Whiteside. Maybe the top wasn't such a great idea because of the weird shoulder pad, but she looks fierce and in control. Do like the last three shots of her edit preview, in fact the last one would make a great cover. Marie Claire can really capitalise more on their collaboration with Whiteside.

I hope she'll finally be in a tv series which I can watch because I never could tolerate Scandal. Maybe then she can get a Vogue cover.

Styling by Solange Franklin
Hair by Takisha
Makeup by Carola Gonzalez
Manicurist by Tom Bachik

Fantastic cover! the layout and fonts work really well with the image. The editorial is kinda meh imo, too many cover tryouts...

Wonderful cover! I'd put her in front of the logo or move the texts down from her hair, but nevertheless, it's so modern, fresh, striking.

It's very Marie Claire that's why I don't like it :lol:

Finally, the fierce cover she deserved. She looks amazing!

Gorgeous cover! She's stunning regardless but some of her past covers really haven't done her justice, but she really pulls off the simplicity of this one nicely. Some of the editorial shots are beautiful too.

Got this in the mail today. 150 pages.

Review:

"Encore"
P: Thomas Whiteside
S: Solange Franklin
Kerry Washington

"Wicked Games"
P: Betina du Toit
S: Kate Lanphear
M: Bronte Coates, Mariana Pardinho, Odile Jordan, Alexandra Julin, Sophia Linnewedel

"Wicked Games"
P: Betina du Toit
S: Kate Lanphear
M: Bronte Coates, Mariana Pardinho, Odile Jordan, Alexandra Julin, Sophia Linnewedel

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

My favorite November cover out of the American monthlies, by an absolute mile. I'd even go as far as to say this is infinitely better than the past five covers that Vogue have produced lately. Yet another cover of Marie Claire that I'm into in 2018!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->