US Elle January 2018 : Zoe Kravitz by Paola Kudacki

amby

Reaction score
Photo by Paola Kudacki, styling by Samira Nasr.

Source: email from Hearst Magazines to art8amby.

24300975_10155304031283031_1289017895402337352_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nina's first cover....

The colours pop, for all the wrong reasons. The backdrop looks fake, I think Zoe's hair colour looks too severe for her skin tone, and the art direction could be lowered. I suppose we should let this one slide knowing they had to scramble to reshoot this at the 11th hour.

Thanks for starting the thread, Amby! The title reads like TFS circa 2004, :lol:

Lol my first thread here, pardon the title :lol: Could the mod help me change the title, please? Thank you

It definitely feels fresh, but I hate her hairstyle here.

I don´t like her but GOSH Nina did wonders !!! The styling is major, the layout cool and hair/makeup = GREAT JOB !!! The new Elle is working so far.

This is mediocre. They could have done so nuch more with this...

Not the worst last-minute cover choice I've ever seen.

But even before the whole issue kicked off about abuse of power in the entertainment industry, how out of touch do you have to be to hire Terry Richardson these days, as if you're no better than US Bazaar?

This looks amazing. Glad Zoe is back to her natural hair color - she looks stunning.

But even before the whole issue kicked off about abuse of power in the entertainment industry, how out of touch do you have to be to hire Terry Richardson these days, as if you're no better than US Bazaar?

Lol, precisely my thoughts. Nina's off to a very rocky start, not only with the Richardson mess, but also with this weak debut. Elle is one of my favourite American women's magazines so she better watch it.

Lol, precisely my thoughts. Nina's off to a very rocky start, not only with the Richardson mess, but also with this weak debut. Elle is one of my favourite American women's magazines so she better watch it.

It frustrates and angers me that Nina Garcia hired Terry Richardson in 2017 - if she didn't know about his reputation, she should not be the editor of a modern magazine as she is incredibly out of touch; but of course she knew, she didn't care! There's no good excuse or reason here. I didn't think much of her before, and think very, very little of her now. I hope she gets asked about this.

That said, I really like this cover.

I'm tired of seeing Zoe being that 90's waif person on magazine covers...

I'm on campaign for having Tracee Ellis Ross on every magazine covers this year!

Far too cold, sterile and minimal for my liking and this honestly just fails to make an impact on me whatsoever. Also for Nina's debut issue, it doesn't look any different from Gal Gadot's cover last month in terms of the overall design. Meh!

I'm tired of seeing Zoe being that 90's waif person on magazine covers...

I'm on campaign for having Tracee Ellis Ross on every magazine covers this year!

YES!!! Tracee Ellis Ross should be on more covers. There is a woman who truly loves fashion, is talented, vibrant, and has a point of view. Adore her and wish she was on the cover of everything too!

I like the image but I'm getting sick of seeing her posing like that (those Tiffany ads are everywhere in my city atm), show us a different angle of your jawline please.

I'm a fan of the styling and look of the cover overall however.

American Woman
Ph: Paola Kudacki
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Hair: Nikki Nelms
Makeup: Kara Yoshimoto Bua
Manicure: Casey Herman
Actress: Zoe Kravitz

Elle 1/18 Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"