US Vanity Fair December 2008 : Kate Winslet by Steven Meisel

The cover is just OK, but the pics inside are incredible!:woot::heart:

Well, I hope it counts. Here's the UHQ scans of the issue (minus the 2-page article). BTW, did you hear that Kate is complaining that these VF photos were "airbrushed"?

**All scans by yours truly

:shock:

Well, I hope it counts. Here's the UHQ scans of the issue (minus the 2-page article). BTW, did you hear that Kate is complaining that these VF photos were "airbrushed"?

No... she isn't complaining. She's upset about all the queries & speculation that they were airbrushed.

Winslet's representative said: "Kate is furious at suggestions that her body has been airbrushed. She is in terrific shape and what you see is how she looks or she would never have agreed to pose for those shots."

This is the only cover I've seen of Kate that I like, although I could not even tell it's her.
And who is she trying to kid, this pics are airbrushed till oblivion she's unrecognizable. And yes she's styled to look like Catherine and they did a wonderful job but she does not look like Catherine one bit in "real life", Catherine is a billion times better looking.

Whoa, check out her boot-ay :shock:. Bring it, Kate!

As for her her airbrush response, I'm assuming she's referring to whether she's been photoshopped to look skinnier...since yeah, everyone is airbrushed to death these days. (Guys get to look more human, on average.)

Kate looks fantastic in those pictures, thanks for posting.

Thanks for the scans. I love the pics.

Ooops, sorry MMA, I slipped on that one without realising it :doh::blush:.

As for Kate, I wouldn't say she's unrecognisable...although I don't really like any of the pictures (including the cover) except the bum shot :wink:. But I tend to prefer how she looks IRL walking down the street than posey in magazines most of the time.

Thanks for the review of the issue!!! I will have to check to see if it's available at my newsstand yet.

I finally had time to go through my issue today & it is so good. Every single article is worth reading. So far I've only read the article on Veronica Hearst & WJW!

I love this...

Kate does not have insecurities that inhibit her. She walked onto the set playing the character inspired by Catherine Deneuve in Belle de Jour, to which Steven Meisel said, "Perfect... now let's try it without the dress." Kate just laughed. "It's not every day you're photographed by Steven Meisel for a Vanity Fair cover! This moment will never happen again." --and went for it. As an actor, this is how she approaches her characters. It's not contrived; she just gets it.
source | typed by MMA from vanity fair magazine

Kate looks lovely. I can't wait to read the article, I wish at 33 she wasn't still struggling with silly body image issues!

Kate looks lovely. I can't wait to read the article, I wish at 33 she wasn't still struggling with silly body image issues!

Well, the fact that Kate is still struggling with her confidence at that age should show you how serious body image issues really are. They are not easy to overcome at all. I, for one, applaud Kate for the progress she has made. She is brimming with grace and beauty in these photos, and I can't wait to see her new films!

I think she seriously has come off a bit silly with this whole issue, first she is insulted that they said she was airbrushed :blink: everyone and their mother know that its a given for any magazine, and now she is throwing a fit because it was a real fur she posed on?Pleasee its not that hard to distinguish real from fake fur, specially when you are laying on it nakidd. :rolleyes:

Still love her as an actress but Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I think this is a great issue and Kate Winslet is arguably the best actress of her generation.........in my opinion also.^_^ But she dosen't half talk some utter bollocks.:shock: She really needs to keep a lid on it in interviews as this isn't the first time over the years where she had dug herself a huge hole.
To be honest I thought she would have learned by now, as she has had some bad press over her sometimes thoughtless and flippant remarks.
As an actress thought the one to beat.B) Also looks great here.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->