US Vanity Fair March 2006 : Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson & Tom Ford by Annie Leibovitz

Zoolander said:
I think Quentin Tarantino would be great to guest edit: The women would be potrayed as powerful and strong and not in skimpy-outfits, Quentin's not that kind of guy. I think it would be fun to see him do that.
That's a great idea :woot:
Tarantino would be a wonderful choice.
Spike Jonze and Wes Anderson would be my runner-ups ^_^

That'd be awesome for Spike or the love of my life, Wes, to do that. I think Wes' next film comes out in 2007, its a claymation of The Fantastic Mr. Fox. But I don't really see Wes or Spike doing that, but it would cool.

I really really respect Tarantino, how he portrays women. On his DVDs and in interviews he said he likes the strong, powerful women who aren't going to succomb to a man's idea, etc. He dated Sofia Coppola for a while. He's a cool guy.

I looked for this mag everywhere, cant find it! I'll look in WHSmith tomorrow at the train station as train stations have alot of the magazines!

ANd Zoolander, please answer my PM!

I can't find this issue anywhere, not even eBay :cry:

Here is the cover again;-

*Fanpop.com

I still have mine, it was a great issue, and I love the backstory with Rachel McAdams freaking out and leaving the shoot.

Have you checked Amazon? Usually there is someone on there who sells vintage VF.

*Bump!

Never knew how much I needed this issue until it just arrived in the post (along with some other back issues of Vanity Fair). I've never even wanted to have a copy, and only made the purchase because it was something ridiculous like £4 - and I'm glad I did now. The glory days of print publishing!

Photo Annie Leibovitz
Stylist Joe Zee
Subjects Tom Ford, Kiera Knightly, Scarlett Johansson
Hair Julien d'Ys
Makeup Carla White

vanity fair

pintrest

Tom Ford's New Hollywood | The 2006 Portfolio Pt. 1
Photo Julian Broad, Nicholas Callaway, Alex Cayley, Annie Leibovitz, Ali Mahdavi, Mert & Marcus, Nigel Parry, Terry Richardson, Art Streiber, Sølove Sundsbø, Mario Testino, Michael Thompson, Matthias Viriens

Peyton Place's Real Victim
By Michael Callahan

vanity fair

Spotlight | The L.A. Kid
Photo Julian Broad
By Ingrid Sischy
Subject David Hockney

vanity fair

From Sneer to Eternity
Illustrator/By Mark Summers

vanity fair

Thunder on the left: THE MAKING OF REDS