US Vanity Fair September 2009 : Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett

Such I be ashamed of myself that don't have any idea what Madoof is?
Madoff is the guy that ran the giant ponzi scam on Wall Street that ripped off thousands of people and organizations to the sum of around $60 Billion US dollars!! Huge news story in the US this year.

Farrah does look Lovely!

Maybe two covers since the cover references a "Farewell to Two Tragic Icons"

Last edited by a moderator:
The only people who should be ashamed are those who knowingly helped him commit that fraud.

If this article focuses on the wife's role, will there be anyone left to profile, or will they move on to cataloguing the long-term effects on those who have lost money?

Though things have gone very quiet regarding another one of VF's obsessions - I'm still waiting for the latest chapter in the Phil Spector saga, because it's one of Dominic Dunne's recurrent topics.

I read the other day that Spector wasn't 'doing great' in prison, was housed in a tiny cell, and that it was a terrible change in fortune for someone used to living in a home with 35 rooms. Well, that might be what happens when you shoot people. He might be an iconic record producer but when he embarked upon his second career as a murderous nutcase, prison is where he'll end up. Besides, that cell is still going to be bigger than the grave that girl ended up in.

Maybe VF are just waiting for him to die and then they'll let loose. I think we can be assured that he won't be getting a cover.

I wonder if there will be same cover for US Edition, I hope there will be different one.

Madoff is the guy that ran the giant ponzi scam on Wall Street that ripped off thousands of people and organizations to the sum of around $60 Billion US dollars!! Huge news story in the US this year.

Farrah does look Lovely!

Maybe two covers since the cover references a "Farewell to Two Tragic Icons"
Ah yes, now I know who he is. I know that story. Thanks for explaining :flower:

98407263.jpg

TWO DEATHS, TWO COVERS: As reported by WWD last week, Vanity Fair has produced two different covers on the deaths of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett for its September issue. Both covers will be shipped at random to subscribers and to newsstands beginning Wednesday. “Two covers seemed like the sensible thing to do, given the passing of two major American icons on the same day,” said editor in chief Graydon Carter. The Jackson cover will include a 1989 photo of the singer shot by Annie Leibovitz with an accompanying retrospective from contributing editor Lisa Robinson. Over the years, Robinson had interviewed the singer several times for a variety of publications.

Leslie Bennetts was already at work on a story about Fawcett when the actress died after a long battle with cancer on June 25, hours before Jackson passed away after collapsing at his home. The Fawcett piece will run with a cover photo by Bruce McBroom taken in 1976 on the same day she was photographed in her famous red bathing suit, an image that would adorn walls of boys’ bedrooms around the globe. The exposé is said to include details on Fawcett’s relationship with longtime partner Ryan O’Neal, and interviews with Ryan, Tatum and Griffin O’Neal.

The cast of “Mad Men” initially was scheduled to appear on the September cover, but instead actors from the AMC show will appear inside the issue in a photo portfolio shot by Leibovitz.

— Stephanie D. Smith
source: wwd

^^ That's what I'm talking about! Beautiful covers with beautiful people on the cover!

lovely photo..i only wish i could see her eyes a little more. MJ's cover is beautiful, as well. :heart:

...now how does this work, will they just pick one at random to send to my house (i'm a subscriber) i hope i get farrah's cover

Just beautiful! RUSHING TO BUY BOTH!

I don't think I will be buying any. But I prefer Farrah's cover.

Michaels cover is good as well.

Beautiful covers, I'm def going to buy the Michael-cover. This is how you should do a tribute cover!

...now how does this work, will they just pick one at random to send to my house (i'm a subscriber) i hope i get farrah's cover

I'm the same, also hoping for Farrah's cover... Michael's shot is nice but I'd rather have the one which gives prominence to her, because her passing was so overshadowed by his.

info on the best-dressed list...

WELL DRESSED: Aside from cover profiles on Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett, the September issue of Vanity Fair includes its assessment of this year’s best dressed. President Barack Obama is on the list for the first time, while First Lady Michelle Obama makes her third appearance in a row (guess the Hall of Fame will come next year). New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also makes his first appearance, while longtime girlfriend Diana Taylor was nominated for the second year running. First Lady of France Carla Bruni-Sarkozy makes her second appearance on the list, but her husband, French President Nicolas Sarkozy, didn’t make the cut, despite her much-publicized restyling of him.

Others among the best dressed include Penélope Cruz, Anne Hathaway, Alicia Keys and Kelly Ripa, who all make their first appearances. Brad Pitt appears for the third time, but without companion Angelina Jolie, who was recognized along with Pitt in 2007 and 2008. As for the fashion set, they include Georgina Chapman, Rachel Roy, Tory Burch, Style.com’s Candy Pratts Price and Franca Sozzani, editor in chief of Italian Vogue and L’Uomo Vogue.

wwd / 8.4.09

kelly ripa?? seriously? :huh::blink::shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->