US Vogue August 2010 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Mario Testino

At last US Vogue is going for photographers whose work is worthwhile :heart: Steven's editorial is the highlight of the issue to me. All the shots gave me goosebumps, the atmosphere is breathtaking, the models equally deliver and the styling is brilliant. Karlie's edit is smashing as well - my single complaint would go to the blond wig.The picture focusing on the legs must be my favorite one out of the edit, that's a pretty cunning way to showcase the clothes. As for Raquel's spread, it has actually exceeded my expectations! I wasn't enthusiastic when I first saw the shooting shot posted on her thread, but the styling there has won me over, and I couldn't think of another model when it comes to pulling off those clean, straightforward attires. Still think the horse is kind of random nevertheless. Thanks for all the scans!

If I want to see a model being used and used again I'll defiantly settle for Raquel! The ed is quite clean, straightforward and appealing to the consumer eyes.
Has for "Universal Coverage", its been a long time since US Vogue has excited my 'art' bug, for everything and everyone goes well together.

^ I agree: if I were to use a model again and again, Raquel is definitely my top three. She's so versatile and can pull off any looks really. And not many models can do clean, no-mess looks as well as crazy, over-the-top couture. It'll be fantastic if she can have a pose-off ed with, say, Sasha P. But then the idea might probably be just a tad too absurd for Anna The Safe to put on US Vogue.

The Age Of Consent | HQ

Photographer: David Sims
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Model: Kristen McMenamy

myfdb.com

The two black and white shots are too die for. I feel that US Vogue rarely publishes b/w images nowadays, so it's a treat if they are feautured.

Does Grace have any editorials in this issue? I know she's the Creative Director now, but she styled a few last stories last issue. And I feel like Tonne rarely directly edits anything other than the cover story; Age of Consent is superb!

Christina Kruse in vogue again!!! wow!

as for Raquel - i could perfectly do without her, she is just NOT beautiful, and totally overrated.......

Does Grace have any editorials in this issue? I know she's the Creative Director now, but she styled a few last stories last issue. And I feel like Tonne rarely directly edits anything other than the cover story; Age of Consent is superb!

^At first, I thought Grace is the one who was responsible in styling Universal Coverage. But I was wrong.. It's sad because she doesn't have any contributions in this issue. Right? :(

Nothing from Grace in this issue. Hopefully, she has some incredible editorials for September!

....by the way, this has been one of the best issues in a long time

....by the way, this has been one of the best issues in a long time

My, my, my, I couldn't agree more. I think I read the issue cover-to-back, TWICE. I enjoyed the content that much.

the editorials in this issue really took my breath away! seriously, they show a fabulous new range for vogue that we haven't seen for several months.

There was a really great article on Miranda Brooks' wedding in this issue

FLASH - It Girl Miranda Brooks
Photographed by Joshua Bright
Sitting Editor Alexandra Kotur

source|duchessfare.blogspot.com

Meisel's ed is my favorite, especially his shots of Sasha, and I love the colors of Karlie's ed-playful yet not over-the-top. I think Kristen's ed is better as a whole, and I wish they hadn't airbrushed her as much. The horse thing with Raquel is so strange, but the styling is to die for. Also Gwenyth looks so fresh and clean. I didn't like this issue so much at first glance, but the second read and details won me over :heart:

Universal Coverage
Photography: Steven Meisel
Styling: Marie-Amelié Sauvé
Hair: Guido Palau
Make-up: Pat McGrath
Set Design: Mary Howard
Models: Caroline Trentini, Christina Kruse, Daria Strokous, Mirte Maas, Sasha Pivovarova

artandcommerce

"Second Acts: Beauty and the Feast"
Model/Star: Gwyneth Paltrow
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Orlando Pita
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Set Designer: Marla Weinhoff

Vogue Archive

"The Age of Consent"
Model: Kristen McMenamy
Photographer: David Sims