US Vogue October 2005 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Mario Testino

I'm guessing next week because if not, it would be the first time US Vogue comes at the right time [since september comes in august, august comes in july and etc :lol: ]

indie said:
models don't sell..thats what conde nast thinks.

:innocent: exept that 09/04 was the best selling US vogue number.
Well, unfortunately Conde Nast is correct...at least in America.

September issues are often the most successful, no matter who's on the cover. I wish models were on the covers too...but it's just not gonna happen.

quick review, courtesy of kouklina at fashist online:

Gwyneth Martin on the cover shot by Mario T. A nice cover which would have been better is Lady Gwyneth had smiled...
Inside, country ambiance... Gwyneth by Mario (deja vu...), Stella & Family by Mario again (a Burberry ad in 4C) and Lisa Cant by Super Elgort... Last but not least one pic of beautiful Ruslana shot by Sir McDean !
Surprisingly, no Gemma, no Daria, no Eugenia, no Karen, no Hana,... and it's a nice change... but the absence of the Stevens make this issue very classic...
P.S. = finally the Valentino ad with model Marta in this issue

Vogue

11_1_b.JPG

From ebay

Wow... hm... not what I was expecting, that's for sure! I can't decide if I like it.

I don't know if I like it. It is better than last time but I expected more. This to me isn't as good as Drew Barrymore's cover. I need inside pics.

I do like the blue Vogue. good use of colours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really not crazy about the cover, though it does look very fall to me, what with all the straw and color scheme.

And for Gwenyth's story... marraige and motherhood? It seems like every issue has a story about this. Kate Winslet on July talked about how she felt about marraige and her kids, the Madonna story had all the pictures with her children in it... and I suppose SJP and how she will get by after Sex and the City is similar to making a comeback...

em 692 said:
I'm really not crazy about the cover, though it does look very fall to me, what with all the straw and color scheme.

And for Gwenyth's story... marraige and motherhood? It seems like every issue has a story about this. Kate Winslet on July talked about how she felt about marraige and her kids, the Madonna story had all the pictures with her children in it... and I suppose SJP and how she will get by after Sex and the City is similar to making a comeback...

mmm...what about the quote "I have something that is so real" *cough*

I looove the cover but the quote really makes me nauseated.

Okay, last time she was on VOGUE they made her an "English rose"....now she's a hippie? ahfalhfd

the font size at the quote could be a little smaller, but I just see an elf :P

what a bad, bad cover!! too disappointing.....
anna: please use models again, they would never look bad on a cover!

i saw this on the newstands yesterday. there was like only one fashion spread in there and it had lisa cant.

^^^ yes, i just saw it on the newstands today...picked it up and flipped thru it...sheesh it was so dull.

US Vogue for me is only 'so-so' Doesn't really compare with the fashion editorials of French or Italian Vogue, nor does it have the interesting articles of British Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->