US Vogue August 2024 : Jill Biden by Norman Jean Roy

I like it, way better than the August 2021 cover at least. Overall, the cover is beautiful in its simplicity and Jill Biden has photographed beautifully. The colouring is lovely too, love all those beige tones and the cream Ralph Lauren. A thumbs up from me!

I do actually love the cover and editorial. The editorial tells a story but still showcases style. She's more of a career first lady so it makes sense to have a more corporate looking cover than her sitting in a rose garden.

I think that Jill Biden looks beautiful on the cover. It is an appealing portrait of the First Lady. I like that the cover is very different from her last US Vogue appearance which I also liked.

How many covers does this administration need? Since 2021 they gave Kamala a cover and Jill is now getting her second cover.
I’d prefer to see an actress or an athlete.

Not Anna giving her a last minute cover to help grandpa Joe, lmao. This is embarrassing on so many levels, even if the actual photo is okay.
I would think that Jill Biden's last US Vogue cover was a high seller. No doubt, this one will be too.

I would think that Jill Biden's last US Vogue cover was a high seller. No doubt, this one will be too.

Interesting, I didn't expect politics to interest the Vogue audience that much. I guess it makes sense if they're voters of that persuasion. (Sorry, trying to tightrope with not being political. Not from the US so I don't know how sensitive it is.)

Anna W has been very vocal about her support for the Biden administration. Pretty sure she hosted a Biden fundraiser during PFW. So this cover makes sense, and very much necessary after his abysmal debate performance.

Why? For exemp, if Brazilian vogue put our ‘first lady’ on the cover, would be a massive outrage

I mean, it's a different political culture. Ever since Jackie Kennedy first ladies have gotten tons of publicity. Before, they used to be on the cover of Life or Ladies' Home Journal or McCalls. Vogue, Elle, and Bazaar are basically all that's left when it comes to women's magazines.

(The editorial isn't as bad as I was expecting.)

This looks like one of their non-creative COVID-era covers. Shame on Vogue and Norman Jean Roy. This could have been so beautiful and powerful.

It's a lovely cover, but totally unnecessary. No one was asking for a Jill Biden Vogue cover, and this one feels like Anna rushed it out, to distract from Biden's disastrous debate performance...and yes I know it was shot a few weeks ago. Anna has become as old and out to lunch as our President.:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pahotinoma
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->