US Vogue July 1995

Baby's Got A Brand-New Bag

Photographers: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Anne Christensen
Hair Styling: Danilo
Makeup: James Kaliardos
Model: Irina Pantaeva

Vogue Archive

Yes, Meisel and Kate Moss... the handful of times they've worked together, you never really get the sense they were on the same page, so to speak. The relationship is just not there.

this interview where she whispers meisel's name in a shady way... i'd love to know the full story someday

I did, however, always like their work for Italian Glamour and Calvin Klein. It would be hilarious if Meisel were to shoot Lila for Marc Jacobs in the future lol

never say never! he seems to like kaia a lot even though cindy was never one of his favourites. and vice versa, he never photographed lily mcmenamy (who could blame him tho....) even when mother is probably one of his biggest muses of all time

Thank you @aracic for this beauty!

That Inez & Vinoodh editorial actually look extremely Meisel to me as well. The angles and the poses are so him, you can tell I&V were inspired, but the lighting and the backgrounds are very them.

Would love to know the story as well. The most iconic fashion photographer and arguably the most iconic fashion model (yeah, we all have our favourites, but c'mon, Kate Moss is Kate Moss) getting in a quarrel, they better make a damn movie about that, haha.

And looking at that Linda and Kristen editorial... If you go and have a look at the Ports campaign, it is astonishing how consistent he is with his style, poses, lighting and etc. Literally the only thing that changes is styling, models and the digital camera is there. And it all still looks better than anything today.

I would die to have a glimpse at how he works. I know about the Showstudio videos, but I mean the actual documentary or an in-depth interview about him.

I get the feeling that putting together a proper account of Meisel would involve gathering together thousands of tiny scraps of information across the decades to form a picture that you'll then wish you'd never went looking for. That the mystery is such an essential part of it - knowing the reality will just diminish everything you ever felt for the work.

I get the feeling that putting together a proper account of Meisel would involve gathering together thousands of tiny scraps of information across the decades to form a picture that you'll then wish you'd never went looking for. That the mystery is such an essential part of it - knowing the reality will just diminish everything you ever felt for the work.
let's not give ryan murphy any ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->